How to force Xbox 360 to update!

Go to this link http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb and download .zip file , then follow the instructions.

1.Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
2.Download the update file.
3.Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
4.Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
5.Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your flash drive.
6.Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
7.Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
8.Restart the console.
9.When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

Just for the people who cant wait for update , hope this helps you in future!

Thats 15574, the new update wont be on their site till the rollout is complete.

wooooooops , what a fail :confused:

Dang, I want this update, last time you could boot into netflix to force it. Needless to say it doesn’t work this time.

I have the update file, and can upload it if you want? Not sure if it would work or not.

Could you upload it, please?

Just realized i only have it on my slim and don’t have a slim transfer cable.

I think I’ve figured it out, I’m almost 100% sure slims get it first. All of my friends that do have slims got the update and all of those that dont still have not got it.

Upload , ill test it!

I have a slim and haven’t gotten it yet.

Or maybe its the matter of how old your xbox is! :wink:

1st gen

I have a slim and my brother has an at least 3 year old xbox and he got it before I did. Well he got it I didn’t. Yet.

My friend doesnt have a slim yet he has and I dont I heard older xboxs were getting it first… Or older accounts but im pretty sure thats wrong

Needless to say it doesn’t work this time.

What does this update do?

1. Its an old update.
  2. Please don’t bump forums
    Sorry if I bumped but it was already just warning this person and trying to be helpful.