How to run Horizon on a MAC

This is a pretty simple tutorial, which forfeits the need for it to have lengthy explanations or tutorials on how to use the ‘tools’ in order to get horizon to run on a MAC without any need of a virtual machine, etc.

Step 1: CrossOver

You may and you may not of heard of this application, it’s more popular for MAC and Linux users, more linux users but it works great for macs, I don’t understand why people prefer wine to this but whatever.

Anyway, you’re going to need to install CrossOver, it does cost but you do get a 30 day free trial, but as with any program that costs, you can easily head over to TPB and get a cracked version of the program.

Click here to get to the CrossOver official website.

Basically CrossOver enables you to run windows based applications, it’s like a virtual server, just without all the hassle, etc, it’s a virtual emulator.

Step 2: Install .NET Framework 3.0

You’ll be presented with a screen like this:

Click on ‘Install Windows Software’.
Now do a search for ‘.NET F’
Choose .NET Framework 3.0, wait for it to install.

Step 3: Horizon

Now all you have to do is open horizon, it should run as normal, enjoy.

Did you even test this…? I’ll do it just for you.

I did, and it worked for me, you must have an intel mac for it to work. It also works with Modio. :smile:

I tried this a long time ago with no success. Does the device explorer work? Downloading crossover now.

I didn’t actually test to be fair, I only tried to open horizon, and it opened fine on my hackintosh, I haven’t tried on my Macbook Pro yet. I’m guessing that the device explorer probably won’t work unless CrossOver recognises when a new USB has been plugged in, I’ll try now.

Hackintosh?

Sorry never heard of it. Is it something that is like a jailbreak for Macs?
(I own a Mac aswell.)

Or you can download Parallels or Bootcamp :smile:

Yeah I know it less of a hassle but I like bootcamp better.

It’s a windows computer running OSX

Bootcamp FTW! I hate running OSs’ virtually.

Oh, I got excited thinking I could finally make my MacBook more interesting.

sadface.

Yes this works I have done research on Youtube and it works.

Thanks for confirming :smile:, if anyone would do the honours in creating a small video showing it works that’d be appreciated.

not being a d*ck but i would just like to go a little more in depth as i love hackintoshes. a hackintosh is any computer with non apple hardware running mac osx thats not supposed to be. so pretty much any pc that normally runs windows. but since macs are now intel based which you can get intel cpus for pretty much any pc its very easy to get mac osx to run on non apple hardware.

Yeah thanks for enlightening people more on the subject, lots of people are confused to what a hackintosh is.

Thanks even though your banned :confused:

I tried using Wine but this is much better!

when I search for ‘.NET F’ nothing comes up? Im using a Macbook Pro and running on Mountain Lion. Thanks x

Please don’t bump old threads.

there is no 3.0

As of 2016, this no longer works. :frowning:

Please don’t bump old threads.