I cant open any game anymore

So i downloaded infinity to use the mod for far cry 5, i used it for about 4 days and one day i started infinity and tried to enter far cry 5 through it, and just an error message popped up: “We’re having trouble starting or finding your opened game.” So i try to open other games through Infinity and none of them work. So i go to the forums and do literally everything and nothing worked, heres what i tried: reinstalling infinity, reinstalling the trainer, disabling my antivirus, moving the game to another disk and then selecting the game on that disk, restarting my computer, making infinity run the game from the folder instead the shortcut and nothing happened. any help?

You did everything except the one thing you should have done, checking the trainer thread. Far Cry 5 Cheats and Trainer

what do you mean?

Read what has been written on there.

Ah, the trainer is down, but that still doesnt explain that i cant run any mod

The trainer is not down, it is only working for the latest version. Far cry 5 is the only game you mentioned and you didn’t even say if any of the games were pirated which would likely cause issues.

the games arent pirated and steam says that the are updated

Try deleting the cache in %appdata%\Infinity. Should reset infinity.

just tried it, got the same issue

The temp fix for Infinity not finding the files is usually to start the trainer after the game (pressing play once the game is booted up).

And when picking the folder, pick the root folder. This is pretty much what the tropico 5 directory would be D:\programs\steam\steamapps\common\Tropico 5

i know, tried that too once and it just pops up with the message about how the trainer requires a special patch and that i should exit the game and open it through infinity

Yes, the far cry 5 trainer needs to disable a anti-cheat first. Should work with all other games though. I will do some more thinking.

thanks

some things:

• Run Infinity as Admin

• Disable UAC

• Make sure your anti-virus isn’t lurking in the shadows, sometimes just disabling protection isn’t enough.

Might be something useful in the console. Using Infinity Console

You could also go to settings, save log and upload log here. The log resets everytime Infinity starts so try to start a trainer before saving the log.

disabled UAC, disabled and completely exited the AV and ran the program as admin, nothing changed :confused:

Upload the log and I will have a look at it, it might give us a clue what exactly is going on here.

I had the same issue, but it worked for me when I had uplay and steam open at the same time, then ran infinity as admin.

So that means, the reason why FC5 isn’t working is due to new Infinity version!
So, when the new fixed version will be released? Or, give me a link where to download older version(s) because I do not have directory for .51 version on my PC. Thanks in advance.

It is an easy fix, just buy the damn game.

1 Like

It isn’t possible to download an old version. Buy the game. The game updated and so did the trainer.