I can't open Horizon

10 pages in this topic?

I thought this would be closed by now.

0_o

It should be closed. Everything we said should have fixed the problem. Also people are saying the same thing over and over again because, they’ve not read what other people said.

Agreed!

No, this thread is staying open until the problem is completely fixed. I’m waiting for more input cause I can’t seem to figure it out myself.

When it first started not launching, it would show up in the task manger and show around 2100 k - 2500 k of memory being used and then disappear. Now it does not show up at all.

The program clearly isn’t loading at all now. Where as last time, it loaded, but failed at the same time.

Don’t worry, trying to figure out now!

Problems I’ve found just now, in run in Compatibility Mode :
Windows 95 & Windows 98 / Me - Horizon.exe has stopped working.
Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) - Crashes of Splash Screen
Windows 2000 - Horizon is in offline mode. ( Tried 5 times, offline every time)

I don’t know if this will help, but Run in Compatibility Mode Windows XP or above.

its his anti-virus probably

Please, read the post(s) before you post. He’s tried adding it to an exception list and also his firewall. If you haven’t got any other information, don’t post. Makes it hard for the original poster to see what he needs to try.

yeah some times the anti-virus causes this problem as well, he should uninstall his anti-virus and turn his firewall off

I have a feeling it’s to do with 64-bit systems…

All you guys still having this issue, can you tell me if you’re running 32 or 64bit by hitting START then RIGHT CLICKING on COMPUTER/MY COMPUTER and hit PROPERTIES and it should be in there.

Could a few guys who aren’t having any issues with Horizon also post if they’re running 32 or 64bit…

Cheater, gonna give you more info.

Im running WIN7 64bit

It won’t boot up, it causes a stack overflow, same issue happens when running in XP Compatibility Mod.
Same thing happens when running as Admin.

Faulting application name: Horizon Beta.exe, version: 1.1.7.1, time stamp: 0x0000002e
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00f6b716
Faulting process id: 0x744
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbb764fb9abc59
Faulting application path: C:\Users\John\Desktop\XBOX Stuff\Horizon Beta.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 3a428338-2358-11e0-8b7e-90fba6a8ba3e

Which states a stack overflow and suggests an issue with the loader.

Same exception codes appear when running in XP Compatibility and running as an Admin.

Trying to get a dump from task manager but i’m not fast enough…Got a dump of the process… uploading now. 50MB… this is gonna take a while.

And here it is: DMP FILE.

Windows Error Report Log:
Fault bucket 2265770072, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Horizon Beta.exe
P2: 1.1.7.1
P3: 0000002e
P4: StackHash_199c
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c00000fd
P8: 0296b716
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\WER864.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Horizon Beta.exe_1a60f54631a24ddeb3c4fc5d6357984de8f54e_0eab53b6

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 4364ccde-2359-11e0-8b7e-90fba6a8ba3e
Report Status: 0

More logs:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Horizon Beta.exe
Application Version: 1.1.7.1
Application Timestamp: 0000002e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_199c
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0025b716
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 199c
Additional Information 2: 199cc907df8a4654c8ebf31545ec3b64
Additional Information 3: ac93
Additional Information 4: ac932fb721b478be6e53cf5b63cba0e7

Horizon just started out of the blue…

So I closed it off and tried to re-open it and it don’t work again, same errors.

VegaNovus, load task manager, and load Horizon. Does Horizon show up on task manager, if it does how much memory does it use?

Uses 3,992k.

And then disappears, because the App Crashes

FYI it loads in Safe Mode without ANY issues.

It works for me now guys. :smiley:
dont know how it happened but it worked.
i’m scared to turn off my computer now :worried:

nah you can turn off your comp dude it’ll be cool

i got it to work for Guys. This is what happened.
While i wasnt able to use horizon on my laptop i used it on my girls laptop.
I updated avast anti virus on her laptop last night and horizon stopped working then it hit me.
The day it stopped working i updated avast on my computer too.
So i un-installed avast on both computers.
Horizon worked without a hitch, i also did some testing on the versions of avast and horizon works with avast version 5.0.677 but if u update higher than that it doesn’t work… well for me.

So maybe Guys try uninstalling avast (if u have it) and see if it works.

Hope This Helps Dropthesoap, Alamary or anyone having the same problem i did :smile:

lol, Its just your anti-virus is blocking the app. I hope someone said that somewhere in the 11/12 pages…

I got it figured out, thanks to Purple.

It was Avast that was doing it, it was updated on January 13, 2011 to version 5.1.889. I disabled it before and it still did not work. but I did not uninstall it. I uninstalled it and it worked.

You can still use the 5.1.889 version by uninstalling the Behavior Shield. One of the avast tech’s said it is only passive right now and will be active on version 6.

yea they did say it but i never thought about uninstalling it lol :laughing:

idk what it is for avast, but if has a firewall/insight firewall, it will block the apps path to open.

Problem solved.
Thanks to everyone who helped!

Closed.