Infinity failed to download

Whenever I try to setup infinity 2.0, it says “failed to download” I have windows 8.1 and the last infinity version worked

Which WEB browser are you using ? Try using some other browser, like Chrome or Firefox.

Try to re-download and update the Infinity client/app. Disable any Firewall, as well as Antivirus, for the time being, if something is blocking the Installer from getting complete.

Have you checked your downloads folder, as well as your internet connection ?

Try to temporarily disable any AV, as well as any other firewall on your system, even though this may NOT be always necessary. Maybe some kind of firewall is blocking the download to get complete ?

Use a different web browser, if need be. Use this stub to update things:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master/Infinity-Setup.exe

Try re-installing INFINITY from scratch.

Side note:

Sometimes just doing a reinstall doesn’t help, so try to use any “Registry cleaner” to remove previous traces of Infinity from the registry.

Before you re-install Infinity, kindly remove and delete ALL previous traces on your system (use any REGISTRY cleaner/repair tool, if need be).

Go to the following location and path, and manually delete both the “Daring Development” and “Infinity” folders, if they are still there.

C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Daring Development, as well as C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Infinity.

Look for the ROAMING folder as well, under AppData. Remove the CACHE folder.

Some folders can found under “Roaming” as well, e.g, . C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Daring development\Infinity\CACHE.

Check this installed path as well, i.e. C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\Package cache{some random numbers} folder, if this has been created.

Try downloading from here

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master/Infinity-Setup.exe

It isn’t a problem with downloading the setup tool, it’s a problem with the tool. I completely removed infinity and turned my Antivirus off.

So what is the problem ? You said it says “failed to download”

That is all it says when I launch setup.
I have 263 GBs left and my WiFi is stable.
It just won’t download

Sigh. That is why i posted that link. It’s the link to the setup file itself not the stub so the setup doesn’t need to download anything.

If you can’t download that setup file either then something’s wrong with your PC (an AV possibly or your browser)

My anti virus was blocking it without telling me, thanks.

1 Like