Infinity not starting

Hello.

Infinity was starting a few days ago, but now it just shows up in task manager for a brief moment, and won’t start at all.

I haven’t done anything to my system, except Windows updates… Which could have broken it…

Here’s the info from my Event Manager:

Infinity.exe
57f8c588
KERNELBASE.dll
57f33d3e
c0000005
000000000002c458
20e8
01d224abfa5b413e
C:\Users\suppo\AppData\Local\Daring Development\Infinity\Infinity.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
9e967754-ad76-47c7-8b41-bd2db94ed684

KERNELBASE.dll is a system file. In case a system file like this causes a crash, then you need to fix your Windows OS files.

Which OS do you have ? Windows 10 ?

Try to reinstall INFINITY. Format your copy of OS, if need be. Maybe some registry files are missing, and/or corrupt, so I would also make sure .NET Framework, and VC++ redist packages are properly configured.

Use a .NET repair tool, if possible. You can use a System File Checker as well (sfc /scannow), or do a “System Restore” to solve any OS issues.

I have done all this except reinstall the OS, which I really don’t want to do.

I have WIndows 10, yes.

I can understand. But trust me, doing a fresh OS format/reinstall never hurts, especially when using Windows 10 OS.

Windows 10 forced automatic updates might sometimes mess up things pretty bad, and to be honest, this OS is still in a massive BETA stage.

But obviously, keep this as a last resort. First try other troubleshooting steps to make Infinity work, if possible.

Don’t go reinstall windows yet.

Follow the steps in this thread see if that helps.

If you’re using avast antivirus, make sure you add infinity folder to its exception, disable its web protector thing and reinstall infinity.

1 Like

Win 10 has a refresh setting which resets system files & registry files so reinstall def wont be needed but I dont believe that would be needed either. Does that error appear each time you try to run it Pchard? What antivirus, firewall etc you running? Are you running it as admin? Mine stopped running on win 7 64 until I ran as admin. I suspect it was one protection programs running heuristics detection on it.
If security exceptions & running as admin doesn’t fix you are going to need to get more info on what is leading to the crash. This program will help, just dont panic when you see errors as some like buffer overflow are normal. Looking for errors that dont “fix” themselves after a couple of attempts.

I reinstalled, but not a solution it seems… It just… loads and loads and loads… Nothing happens… Please assist…

Tried to run it as admin?

Yes I have tried to run it as admin.

Then show me what shows up

Windows had an update, and now it works. Very odd. Thanks anyways.