This tutorial is a WIP. It will soon have pictures to assist the text tutorial and a video tutorial later. I made this so more people with modified consoles become active on system link instead of just buying them to cheat on LIVE.
Me and Konor get pretty bored alone too.
Also somebody asked for help a few days ago on the subject with no replies (just found the [.html"]thread](https://www.wemod.com/forum/23-xbox-360-jtag-rgh-modding/125093-xbslink-help-[will-donate-if-helped) when searching if a tutorial was already made).
For this tutorial you will need the following:
Installation and set-up of XBSlink:
- Run the executable you downloaded earlier.
- Click next, I agree, next, install.
Now WinPcap will popup for install (this is required).
- Click next, next, I agree, install, finish, finish.
- Start XBSlink and set your nickname on the initial tab.
- Click save settings.
- Now click the network tab and remember your internal IP.
Because every router configuration is different there’s no global tutorial for opening ports.
This will only cover the basics.
- Go to your routers web page (192.168.0.1 is common but refer to your routers manual to be sure).
- Find the port forwarding tab/button/link and click it.
- Click add new port forward/new rule.
- Set the port as 31415 for both TCP/UPD and the IP as the IP you rememebered from earlier (if you can’t remember open up XBSlink again or switch to it if it’s still open).
- Click add.
- Download and extract the DashLaunch installer directory to your consoles hard drive.
- Run the DashLaunch default.xex inside the installer directory.
- Scroll down to the network tree and expand.
- Enable pingpatch.
- Press RB until you get to the save tab.
- Save to your device.
Open up XBSlink (or switch to the one already open if you’ve been following this tutorial) and click start engine at the top left.
Click the load button next to the cloud list textbox.
Click a network for the game you wish to play to join those already playing.
Set a “cloud name”, the “max” number of players and a “password” at the bottom of the application then click create to start your own private network.
Connecting through a game.
Start a compatiable game on your Xbox (one that has system link).
Navigate the multi player menus until you find system link for your game.
Click join game to join those already playing.
Click create/host game and tweak the settings to host your own.