Let WeMod Connect to a game that's already running

This would help bypass EAC, and usually most of us are running a game first anyway, then if we want to use WeMod we need to exit the game completely, and then use WeMod.

I assume that’s for WeMod to attach itself to the game’s process. Well there’s a much simpler program that can do this called Cheatengine, that you have to attach it to a game process. Can we not just have the same functionality?

I mention this because EAC has been a recent problem for a few popular games switching over to it, yet you can easily just Exit EAC in your processes list on your computer once in the game and continue playing. WeMod needs to be running the game while EAC is on, before we can use any of these cheats. If we could simply bypass this by running the game and then attaching WeMod to it after we turn off EAC then there’s no issues.

You’d still have the ability to play the game by loading it through WeMod, I’m just suggesting a way to attach it to an open process when we forget, and give EAC the middle finger while we’re at it. :slight_smile:

You can already do this, all you have to do is click play in WeMod after the game has launched. :slight_smile:

I am already able to do that. Like every other game on WeMod’s list
Run the Game
Alt-Tab to what ever other tab you have open
press play on Wemod for the game

If you manually close EAC through task manager (as you say you do) then do that before pressing play on wemod. OR like in 7 Days to Die, start the game without EAC.

To add - some games disable the Alt+Tab hotkey, especially if there aren’t any other windows open. The workaround there is to use Win+D instead, which minimises everything to the desktop.

Failing that, have something that doesn’t use up a lot of system resources running in the background, such as Notepad. Then you might be able to alt+tab to Notepad to force the game to minimise. :slight_smile:

The server I’m on uses EAC which is the problem. Once I’m in I can disable EAC, but WeMod can’t launch the game in EAC mode. If I could attach the game to WeMod after it’s launched, and after I’ve manually closed EAC then I’d be good to go.

“The server I’m on uses EAC which is the problem.”

Yes that’s a big problem, because WeMod is NOT made for multiplayer games.
Tell the server owners to run it without EAC, “because you want to cheat in it” might be the only option.

1 Like

Kinda also the problem xD. So in Alpha 20 and 21, with EAC running, I could at least launch the game with EAC without issues, and the No Reload, No Recoil, Easy Craft, Unlimited Durability, and Unlimited Items all still worked, nothing else did but that’s fine because that was more than enough to give me an edge.

My group doesn’t want people cheating (of course) and while I’ve got hundreds of hours into the game and do enjoy doing things legit, some things are taking too damn long and I want my unlimited ammo and no reload back more than anything.

They’re not gonna disable it, but if there’s a way around it so I can get WeMod running after I’ve closed EAC, I’d love an explanation to what @Chris was mentioning, because every time I press play after I’ve already got the game loading, it loads another instance of the game.

A post was split to a new topic: Wemod support