Lifetime Pro Membership

Hello,

I am not sure if I am beating a dead horse here, but I couldn’t easily find a discussion I could join. I think you do great work and I would love to support you. I am an interested in a lifetime membership and I kept returning to your Pro page in hope to the option with no luck so far. I don’t have a problem with the monthly or annual membership costs, but I am not particularly fond of subscriptions. I am however an advocate of supporting those who support the community (i.e. Nexus Mods).

If you ever consider releasing a lifetime membership option, please let us know through a popup notification when opening the main PC program.

Thank you for what you do and bringing together a host of cheats to the community.

3 Likes

I have one question for you: What do you think a appropiate price for that would be?

People keep suggesting a “lifetime” pro membership but no one ever bothers with explaining how it could be economically viable.

1 Like

Being a business person myself, the best answer I could provide is that ‘I don’t know’. Before you possibly roll your eyes and prep your fingers with a hasty response, I will add this: I can’t just throw a suggested number on the wall blindly. To determine what a lifetime membership could cost could only be determined by the company. Extensive data and research is needed to identify the right number. Data consists of number of participants (end user, you and me), current active monthly/annual subscribers, past monthly/annual subscribers, duration of current and prior subscribers, annualized revenue from the subscriptions, cost of transactions per occurrence, and other data should be considered.

I’m currently typing on my phone but I could go into additional explanation on why this all matters when considering the correct price and how it would be economically viable. If you or anyone else requires that, I would happy to provide my insight.

I appreciate your response and discussion. I believe a healthy dialog help us all learn, understand, and grow as people and a community.

You’re comparing a small website to an extremely popular with million of visitors per day (nexusmods). So what would be profitable to them doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to wemod. I hope you considered that.

And then there is growth. Infinity is constantly getting improvements and changes. So much easier just to have a recurring fee that can be changed whenever to reflect the value. Added new things? Increase price! Hired new dev? Increase price! etc…

Also, if they wouldn’t get enough recurring payments they would need to shut down anyway (making the lifetime memberships useless).

Indeed I have. Optional monetary support is still just that, an optional monetary support.

I personally wouldnt mind the option of having a lifetime option for membership for wemod (since i used to use nexus all the time for 5+ years its gone to crap, wemod is so much better in my opinion neat and understandable layout designs) but at same time its not a required thing just a preferance and ease of access kind of thing id personally even be willing to spend 200-250 USD for a lifetime, then again a lifetime membship would only really be able to be gotten by the few people who have the xtra money, or those who save up the money to spend on something like a lifetime membership, the average person doesnt have 200-250 spare money let alone 100 spare money to be spending on things lifetime memberships or other things that you dont need to survive anyways(atleast in america anyways since i cant comment bout other countries since i dont live there lol)

So I ask in return, if the monthly contributions ever become insufficient, wouldn’t the site shut down anyways? Those who are willing to pay monthly will continue to do so. Same goes for annual subscribers. If there are a lot (and I don’t know what a lot is, again going back to data) users who are not monetarily supporting the site but would do so with a lifetime membership, isn’t that another source of funding for them in the end? For example, if I am not going to provide monetary support on an annual or monthly basis, would it better for them to collect a one time larger contribution? That contribution could net them more in two years than monthly subscriptions due to cost per transaction. That is just an example.

And to your comment on growth, that is obtained through increase in users. There can be many discussions had on competition, free alternatives, and so forth but aside from that, when they get more users, so too will their net income. These specifics are going to be a chicken or egg debate.

1 Like

Thanks for posting and I agree. Not everyone has the money for it which is why monthly and annual options will remain popular among any kind of subscription option (PSN Plus, XBL, Amazon Prime, YouTube Premium, and Spotify to name a few). Having a lifetime option will not take many folks from that user base group. It will add an option for folks such as myself.

Services which I subscribed to as a lifetime member are VPNs, PLEX, Nexus, Video editing tool, and others. All of which I use very infrequently as well. Keep in mind all these softwares provide full free options. It was simply to support them. Their premium offerings are not lucrative enough to warrant subscriptions.

I think that most people who can afford a lifetime membership up front would be fine with paying the annual price. As I see it, a lifetime membership is only useful if it would prove cheaper long term. Maybe it is just me, I am a cheap bastard after all.

I keep hearing about people wantinting to give money for nothing. Crazy, just crazy. If I pay extra I want the sprinkles.

Well for me to chime in. Lifetime membership for me would not be good im 52 i mite be dead in a couple years lol. So i’ll just by the year !

Hopefully you’ll live for at least 2-3 more decades :smile:

But would it really matter in the end? Paying for a lifetime membership or annually, once your (or anyone) is dead, it doesn’t really matter. It’s the small things in life. Besides, here’s to hoping WeMod lasts a good while!

1 Like

Of course most people would want something in return. It’s only normal. The way I see it, I’m already getting something. A set of trainers managed within a single software with constant updates and a nice GUI. I know it’s fee, hence the volunteery contribution. To be honest, I don’t find all the cheats I want within WeMod for specific games. I always find myself needing a separate trainer, which has the cheats within WeMod. I also don’t care for any of the features provided in the membership except the mobile app. In essence, I’m requesting to pay potentially a lot of money for an app. Crazy right? :slight_smile:

When i first started here i was happy to pay for pro just because infinity actually worked when i tried it !
But thinking about lifetime membership its 70$ a year so lifetime would have to be like way up there at some outragous price i think . I love to use the app and also support my home here and hope it lasts a long time not like horizon kinda faided away because they killed off the 360 microsoft !
Anything for support i bought diamond and dont even use horizon !

It’s completely understandable. And yes, supporting it for consol is always somewhat short term due to the changes in generational releases. As for the price of a lifetime membership, it certainly would be higher than the annual, but it doesn’t have to be be outrageous. The price has to be mindful of the product and users. For example, PLEX’s annual subscription is $40 while their lifetime is $120. Now I understand that most people will not pay that, especially for the miniscule returns they get from their contributions, but that is about 3 years of the annual membership in advance. Given that whoever paid that most likely wouldn’t have paid for a monthly or annual (folks such as myself), that’s a darn good sum to get… Especially for a FREE product,don’t you think? :slight_smile:

i would also like to pay once insted of monthly or yearly
lets say a 100$ or so

3 Likes