Linux Support, maybe Arch for SteamOS

Hey Guys,

i know there is no support until now for Linux. But will there be any chance to make it happen? I really would love to Mod on my Handheld!

2 Likes

They don’t even need to make a Linux client or anything, just taking the time to make WeMod easier to install with Proton would be great. But literally if they did ever make something official for SteamOS what I’d love to see is a Decky Plugin client that attaches directly to the prefix of whatever game is active in Game Mode when you turn on the plugin. Could be super minimalist too, with it just automatically bringing up the trainer for whatever exe it detects, instead of a list of all your games, and a library of games they also have trainers for.

3 Likes

I figured out how to get WeMod running on Deck

Though most of this I’m not doing anymore. I kept somehow ■■■■■■■ up when trying to replicate it, I’d always end up with errors doing this one by one. The standalone WeMod prefix with nothing but WeMod and DotNet was the most perfect I’d ever managed to install it. So, lately what I’ve been doing is using that prefix as the baseline, i copy the System32 and. Net Framework folders from WeMod’s Windows folder to the game’s prefix’s Windows folder to ensure i have the exact .Net files i need, then i move WeMod’s steamuser folder to Drive:C and symlink the game’s steamuser folder to WeMod’s users folder. Then using Winetricks i open up WeMod’s prefix and go to Run Uninstaller, in the top corner is an install button, i click that and install WeMod. Since the steamuser folder is symlinked from my actual target, it goes straight to the proper AppData. Then in Winecfg you add the d3d11 and dxgi overrides in Library, clicking edit and native before apply. Then you go to the game menu and scroll to the bottom and in winedebug settings you add -Vulkan, then scroll up to the Proton section of the game menu and check the box that says apply Winedebug settings to proton. The last things i do is more quality of life stuff, in the game i installed WeMod in, i delete the empty steamapps folder and symlink the one from whatever library that game belongs in, which allows that library to be read by WeMod, and i symlink the AppData folder to the game’s root folder in steamapps/common because in Steam Tinker Launch, when you go to add a custom command, it starts you off in the root folder.

A Plugin for Deck would be the absolutely GENIUS! So i could use it without SteamTinkerLaunch in my QickAccess Menu! Imagine… I’m 100% sure, if you as creator of WeMod really want to get it run easily on Linux, you could do with Proton!..

2 Likes

That is something I would definitely pay for.

My tutorial on installing WeMod on Deck just dropped on Reddit and the WeMod forums, it primarily relies on Steam Tinker Launch so it should be fully applicable with any Linux distro that STL runs on