Maybe just me... but WeMod + Windows 11 = Nope

It’s all right there, really. I’ve found WeMod to be extremely unstable in the Windows 11 environment. Considering how new it is, I don’t expect this to be any kind of surprise. In either case, I felt like stating the obvious. It constantly goes non-responsive and quite quickly, in fact I’m downloading for a reinstallation hoping it helps, or I might have to hang up my membership until Win11 is more stable, and Apps adapted for it.

Just coming in here, for the time I had Windows 11 (before I refreshed my PC and lost access to the dev build), I found WeMod to be running completely fine for me.

Then again, everyone’s experience with Windows 11 may be different.

2 Likes

win11 will never be the same. i am about to wait much longer before upgrading about 3 years later

Glad to have a bit of a response going on!

Hmm. The builds do different things to people. I don’t know if it’s going to keep happening, I’m just at my computer again. Getting ready to reinstall it and to see if that helps at all, although I am skeptical.

In relation to your comment @AussiePixelBit I get what you mean, that is exactly what I’m thinking. With the diversity of software, and hardware, it’s very difficult to really say anything concrete about the exact circumstances. Even the factor of the time of day, computers are amazing in their diversity down to the very method you use to cool your rig down.

In either case, my point was to draw attention to this issue to find out how others were doing. This has resulted in my new knowledge that this issue isn’t common, meaning it’s something potentially more unique between our different setups. See, I figured this way I would determine whether it’s a problem with WeMod or Windows 11.

I have to admit @jayfreddy that I find your views to be fascinatingly nowhere near the subject at all. In response, though, I should admit that I think you made a mistake in your message because you’ve said in effect that Windows 11 will no longer be the same. The lack of another version or another comparison to any other item.

Three years is a reasonable period to wait for a release, and you can technically wait as long as you desire without affecting the rollout in any manner. Me? I made the decision to dive in head-first, I’ve worked through bugs in the past and I find it great to be on the ground floor in the testing of this extremely new Windows experience.

People don’t like the new layout and all, for a huge list of different reasons. Too much like Apple is the most common gripe people have. However, they fail to recognize that this is intentional, Apple was designed to be a very streamlined experience. Phone, Tablet, MP3 Player, and home computer all used a familiar format so that you could pick up any of their devices and immediately being able to put the device to use with almost no adaptation required.

It’s a very intelligent move in my mind, because if it follows the same as it was trying with the Windows 10 but couldn’t quite adapt well. This is the result of taking the time to create a dedicated OS in order to produce the effect desired, instead of adapting an OS to this kind of use. To be fair though, I agree that this will never be the same as (__________) because it isn’t that, you must understand what it is and not what it is not.

Be well to all of you, and stay in good health;

Xiro-0

(Learning pains, the last one was removed because it didn’t come out proper. It came through in an odd way. Seems fixed now, and this is the same as the original.)

2 Likes

Hello there! :slight_smile:

Here are a couple of suggestions to try:

1. Make sure WeMod is added as an exception in your antivirus program, even if it’s just the default Windows Defender. Erratic behaviour is very commonly due to interference from security programs on the user’s computer or network.

2. Make sure you have the latest version of .NET Framework. There have been reports in the past of people upgrading to Windows 10 or re-installing Windows 10 stating that Windows did not update/re-install .NET Framework. It’s possible this could still be happening, but now for Windows 11 too.

For steps and advice for both of these suggestions, see this thread here: I can’t Install WeMod / “There was a error installing the application” - WeMod App / Support. The title is different to your issue, but the steps are the same. :slight_smile:

It seems to have turned out to be a bug via Windows 11. Last patch has brought WeMod back to a stable state. In fact I have to say that their patch changed much of the stability. So I guess problem resolved itself by Microsoft fixing it. At least it wasn’t a problem on your end, right? lol

1 Like

u still on developer preview or beta version man @Xiro-Aour ?

@jayfreddy I am in the Dev build of the WIndows 11, I wasn’t aware it was yet into the beta yet. I have enjoyed it so far, and have tossed as many feedback points. I like the idea of dealing with the OS on the ground level trying to make sure the end product is osmething I like. xD

1 Like

i tried everything and still no luck…

@AndrewKain
This is a completely different issue to the thread. It’s also an error from the game itself. It usually means either your files are corrupted or you don’t have the required specs to run the game smoothly.

It’s a very common error from the game. If you used Google before posting here, you’d see thousands of threads about it occurring for both Civ 5 and Civ 6 on Steam, Reddit, etc from people who do not use WeMod. Your solution may be in one of those. Example: