Multiview, Dual View, Using the Displayport (DP), two(2) or more displays, Xbox 360 Console

Multiview, Dual View, Using the Displayport (DP), two(2) or more displays, Xbox 360 Console
Multiview, Dual View, Using the Displayport (DP) with two(2) or more displays with a Xbox 360 Console. I wish to know how to use two or more hdmi compliant tv’s with a Xbox 360 Console. (not using the old component/av cable method) so that i can play games like forza in two player split screen mode on two screens, so each player has his own screen, instead of just duplicating what is displayed on tv 1. do i use the hdmi output for the first tv and the displayport with a hdmi converter for the second tv, or wil the xbox 360 work it out for itself and do i simply use a HDMI splitter? for example COD split screen 2 player mode… cant i utilize both screens and give both players his own monitor? or forza 4, you can apparently have 3 monitors plugged in… yet i can find no instruction anywhere on how to do it…, nor does it appear that

You can’t find instructions because it isn’t possible. The 360 barely has enough power to drive 1 monitor at 30Hz 720p there is no way it is doing 2-3. Buy a PC if you want to do that.

and so what about the multi view option within Forza 4? you have the option to use up to 3 monitors… can you give me any clues as to why that is? wouldn’t that in effect make your statement incorrect? not trying to upset you. just asking is all.

Also i appreciate your prompt response.:sunglasses:

The multiview is not so you can use multiple monitors at once. The Xbox 360 doesn’t even have a displayport.

DVSDVIT2m
ok well my xbox 360 black has a port above the rj45 network jack which looks very much like a “Display Port” which i have discovered is the kinect port…

however i have managed to have my xbox 360 operate with both the HDMI and rgb functioning simultaneously. (2 screens).

DVSDVIT2m
ok well my xbox 360 black has a port above the rj45 network jack which looks very much like a “Display Port” which i have discovered is the kinect port…

however i have managed to have my xbox 360 operate with both the HDMI and rgb functioning simultaneously. (2 screens).

The RGB connector that comes with the console has a piece of plastic that blocks the hdmi port. You can of course remove it but must people won’t bother. I don’t see why the game devs would bother with dual-screen support if a very small portion of xbox 360 users would be capable of using it.

Well I Had 2 50" tv’s side by side and i thought it would be cool to utilize both screens so me and my mate could play split screen cod, and maybe spread the image across both screens so i could have the left and he the right, or for forza 4, split screen, i figure there would be a hdmi splitter that would be capable of doing something like that if i find one ill post it here

something like this but far less complicated

http://networktechinc.com/hdmi-video-wall.html

Rescaling half of the screen onto a full screen would distort it. You can move thing around but the resolution will be the same and the aspect ratio will need to match. You would just end up with half of the screen being black on both TVs.

Sounds like a fun project though. Sometimes the journey is better than the destination.

edit: Maybe if it was a 20" 2-screen side-by-side or 40" 4-screen you could make 2 or 4 10" screens.