Music: Now Playing

Well, now Steve has revived this thread I might as well share my crappy taste in music with you guys.

1 Like

Great year for rap beefs, glad someone finally called out the mumble rap garbage lol

Still waiting on that Drake come back oof

1 Like

@ Beigemidnight : video not disponible :C

im listening to this crap atm:

Is that like devil worship stuff ??

1 Like

maybe your “special” country is blocking access

haha yeah prob, couldn´t find any song version compatible with the special status of my country, even with vpn of a nearby nation

2 Likes

R.I.P. Brandon V. aka Name Brand.

Some of the scientists of sound.

2 Likes

Hadn’t heard of those ^ before. Not bad.
My taste in music varies depending on the mood (doesn’t everyone’s?) I’ll probably listen to anything except rap (sorry but, as a lot of us writers say, rap is just amateur poetry riddled with bad grammar and accompanied by a bit of random noise in the background :man_shrugging: :laughing: ).

Currently playing on my random playlist is Pentatonix, a capella group:

Or maybe one for those not much a fan of modern electronic music:

So you think all “Rap” music is the same? That’s my main life music to be honest, although I do like lots of other genres like alternative, hard rock, classic rock, reggae, etc…

The thing with “Rap” is that there are so many different styles/sounds, generations, ethnic groups, location on the earth where the artists are from. All these take part in the overall “Sound” of the music. But that’s true with all genres of music so what am I really trying to say?

You’re right about a lot of “Rap”. It is just noise in the background of some clowns ramblin out nonsense. BUT that’s not all of us. I had a studio back in the day and DJd for many years as well. Mainly in the Hip Hop scene. I’ve met quite a few very intelligent MCs(rappers you might call them) who aren’t those to talk about guns, bitches, street crap in there lyrics. Although some that do talk about the street ■■■■ are also intelligent individuals as they’re simply writing their lyrics around what they seen growing up in lower class environments. People like me don’t really call it “Rap”, we refer to the art as “Hip Hop”. Rap is something you do, Hip Hop is something you live as the great KRS-One would say. Myself personally, I can’t stand any of this newer popular stuff or “Mumble Rap”. It’s just noise to me. I’m stuck in the Golden Age(90s) of Hip Hop/Rap for the most part. So maybe in the future don’t look at like it’s all the same thing as the sound & lyrics vary greatly. The “Find 1’s Self” song I posted above my last post is something that was produced at my home studio back in 2005 by 2 close friends(RIP Brandon V.). That’s what Hip Hop/Rap is to me. But hey, everyone’s got their own tastes in everything this world has to offer which is what makes it a great yet crazy at times place to exist!

@Ravenfyre Maybe check these songs out. A few more from my close friends that I had a part in making happen. I’m sure it’s stuff much different than these that makes you not care for “Rap/Hip Hop”. Please let me know what you think if you do give them a listen.

Album: High Flyin’ Bird

1 Like

Keep well!

Fun fact: The MC/rapper & producer of this song are also the main 2 males starring in the video.

We should revive this topic.
Everyone likes to listen to music. :smiley:

1 Like