My perfected and streamlined WeMod tutorial for Steam Deck

We have things taking higher priority right now, unfortunately. This is still something we absolutely want to get to and bring to our customers but we have other priorities we are currently developing.

I totally agree that it is - my personal opinion - current not worth the effort (=time for end users).

It works mostly randomly, depending on the Proton version, and hoping that the MS installer/wine combination works somehow during the NET installer.

The scripting currently does not help much as under the hood they also use normal Winetricks.

I had no reliable success with SteamTinkerLaunch.

It would help if Wemod could compile a self contained binary without external dependencies / (maybe with less tracking) for Steam Deck users. Yes, I currently think I would pay an extra fee for this.

Recently I found GitHub - SheffeyG/CheatDeck: Launch games with cheat or trainer and other settings in steamdeck quite helpful, maybe this is also path for others (its simple, they use PROTON_REMOTE_DEBUG_CMD to launch an additional exe file of choice in the bottle/protondb), I like it also for the simplicity of using.

1 Like

Hi, when I follow these instructions and then start a game it says wemod is forked into background. What do I do then?

Looks like you have other settings enabled. Try deleting STL and removing the steamtinkerlaunch folder in .config. Either that or look for the game’s SteamID in the .config steamtinkerlaunch subfolders and delete everything with that ID, that’ll also reset it