New Xbox 360 Dashboard Update Problem (Help Please)

I got the update this morning at about 7:30, and I have the fat xbox.

I have also tried putting it on a USB and installing it but still nothing I still get the error message. this is getting kinda ridiculous.

Thats what I’m hoping but this might be the solution Error message I got had the numbers “3151” in it and when I got to this site on xbox.com

Troubleshoot Xbox 360 console software update problems

I click on xxxx-3151-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

and it says

[b]The console is looking for a previous version of the system update. Follow these steps:

1. Find a USB flash drive with at least 90 MB of free space.

2. Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

3. Click xxxx-3151-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx to download the software update:

4. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.

5. Unzip the file. If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, . double-click the .zip file to unzip it.

6. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive.

7. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.

8. If there is a disc in the console, remove it.

9. Turn off the console.

10. Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 S console.

11. Plug the USB flash drive with the update into a USB port on console.

12. Turn on the console. When the console starts, the software update should automatically start.[/b]

Wow Nope fail Microsoft can’t download the updates through Xbox.com comes up with an “Oops! Page” Xbox Support

I give up. Lets hope Microsoft has a heart tomorrow when I call them.

im from minnesota and i have not got the update yet D:

also i have two xboxs, one has been opened ( works fine ) but if the update does not work on it, could i still send that in??

From memory, Xboxmb New thread said The update will be rolled out randomly(or country by country) over the next two weeks.

Will update with a link in a moment.

Microsoft has today begun the anticipated rollout of probably the least anticipated Xbox 360 system update in the post-NXE era. The automatic update is being “gradually” deployed to consoles across the globe through Xbox Live over the next few weeks. “Just like any other update to our service,” Major Nelson notes, "you will know you’ve received it when you turn on your Xbox 360 console, connect to Xbox Live and receive a notification to download the update."Most notable, the update includes the option to add your PayPal account as a billing option on the console (it was previously limited to Xbox.com) for Microsoft Points and Marketplace content purchases. The feature will be available to all Xbox Live users, excluding those in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Japan, Russia, South Africa, South Korea and Taiwan. So … just a few (million) people left out.Additionally, the new system update adds and enables (by default) an auto-standby feature that’s activated after one hour of console inactivity. You can switch it off in System Settings, but … why? Finally, the update will also introduce support for the new Xbox game disc format (a.k.a. “XGD3”), which adds 1GB of storage capacity and some fresh anti-piracy coating.According to internal documents we obtained earlier this month, Avatar Kinect is scheduled to be released as a separate update on May 27.

Link:
https://www.wemod.com/forum/4-homepage-news-announcements/48636-xbox-360-paypal-update-arrives-right-schedule-some-territories.html

You will get it when you get it. Their is nothing too special about the update to be honest. >.<

Yea there is, it will hopefully it’ll brick my console and get a new one. I think that’s pretty special :smiley:

no update for me to lol

Called Microsoft they helped me fix the problem. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. This community is Amazing!

Thanks

Please Close

Glad you got it fixed (:

Closed.