New Xbox 360 Dashboard Update Problem (Help Please)

I can not download the New Dashboard update. I can connect to LIVE but when it try to update, it takes for ever and eventually says “Can’t update please test your connection”

I know my connection is fine because ever time I try to sign into Xbox LIVE it always prompts me to download the update but it never works.=\

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this frustrating problem? (besides reseting my router cause I have done that like 5 times)

EDIT: (5:56 PM CST) Basically to make a long story short it keeps getting stuck on this. (Pick Below)

EDIT: (9:45 PM CST) I’m still having problems. My console just wont update. I will be having a long chat over the phone with Microsoft tomorrow.

EDIT: (10:03 PM CST) Below is a Pic of the error that I keep getting. When the update fails.

EDIT: (6:24 PM CST) Called Microsoft they helped me fix the problem. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. This community is Amazing!

Thanks

Please Close

I didn’t get an update yet. How did you?

Same here but some people are saying they are getting an update

You probly dont have it in your country yet?, Its being released to all countries over a course of 2 weeks

I came home from school around 3:15 PM CST. Thats when I got the update. So I don’t know what this update could be but its making me RAGE! cause I want to play Call of The Dead.

Try deleting your current connection, and re do the set up then turn off your console and re connect…i have had to do this like 3 times since i have had my slim

Were do you live?

I will try that but I would have to turn my router off then test connection cause right now I can’t delete my router cause it keeps prompting me to update every time I try to sign in and if you don’t update it sign’s you out of Xbox LIVE.

Kansas:thumbsup:

The update has been released for the Slim Xbox 360. The fat 360’s will have an update over the next 2 weeks.

my old white xbox already has the update/ im from ohio

I don’t have an Xbox 360 Slim I have a white one and I have an update.

Clearing the cache and try it again, you will have to download all the stupid title updates again when you play that particular game though.

I have the “fat” and I received the update today, around 11 AM EST

Same here.

I’m still having problems at 9:45 PM CST It just wont update I will be calling Microsoft tomorrow.

I got the update and downloaded it fine I would try and reset your modem.

How could they do that though there is so many xboxs in the world that they wouldn’t have the serial numbers for all the fat 360 and slims in different areas

I have done that to many times. And still not working. Any other solutions?

Download the offical update from their webpage.

this could be a good thing tho. your xbox may be one of the few that cant update. meaning if you contact microsoft they will trade your xbox out for a Xbox 360 Slim with a 250gb HDD