No games working since update

Since the update to 2.1.0 Infinity has not worked for any of my games. I have tried Rise of the Tomb Raider, Mafia II, and both Farcry 3 & 4. I at the very least have a strong feeling that it is not the trainers necessarily as until doing a manual update recently I had two versions one which I cannot remember the version number, and 2.1.0; after the update it deleted the old version. But those trainers were working with the old version of Infinity, unless the trainers themselves would need to be updated for the current version of Infinity. Though I am on Windows 7 and can say a friend of mine is running 10 and can use the trainer for Farcry 4 just fine. Ultimately what I am curious about is if it is possible to get older versions of Infinity?

This is the error I get.

With this game, being Farcry 4, and with the others I have already mentioned. I have done the following.
. The game is running and single player fully loaded before opening Infinity(as admin).
. I have done a fresh install of Infinity(deleting the folder from Appdata\Local after uninstalling from the control panel).
. I also tried running Infinity in multiple compatibility modes.

Have you tried with your anti-virus/anti-malware/firewall/whatever else you use, disabled or setting an exception for Infinity in those?
Press CTRL + SHIFT + D and see if there are any errors in there, if you see anything, copy the entire log.

I tried to paste the log but I keep getting a 404 I assume there’s a spoiler I have to use, and I can’t seem to figure it out.

I did get this error. I am starting to assume this might be because my system variable for Path is set up for eclipse.

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Command failed: chcp 65001 | wmic process get ProcessID,WorkingSetSize,ExecutablePath,Name
’chcp’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:218:12)
at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:877:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)

Yeah its this service infinity uses “wmic” to attach to games. Looks like win7 doesn’t have it. Try running without admin btw, you don’t need admin privileges for infinity (in most caess)

@frank can better help.

Infinity uses the above service wmic to properly detect games. Do not run Infinity as ADMIN. You can launch the game though.

Try to change your user variable PATH.

With the new update of INFINITY, others have reported the app not being able to properly detect games installed via UPLAY, ORIGIN and others (assuming there is a bug).

STEAM games seem to load, as per the feedback given by others. I presume you have FAR CRY 4 on UPLAY ?

Side note:

Sometimes just doing a reinstall doesn’t help, so try to use any “Registry cleaner” to remove previous traces of Infinity from the registry.

Before you re-install Infinity, kindly remove and delete ALL previous traces on your system (use any REGISTRY cleaner/repair tool, if need be).

Go to the following location and path, and manually delete both the “Daring Development” and “Infinity” folders, if they are still there.

C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Daring Development, as well as C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Infinity.

Look for the ROAMING path as well, under AppData. Remove the CACHE folder, or the entire “Daring dev” folder.

Some folders can found under “Roaming” as well, e.g, . C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Daring development\Infinity\CACHE.

The installations.JSON file under the above cache folder, will list the game’s installed path. What does it say for Far Cry 4, and others ? Manually change the path, if required.

There should be an INFINITY folder, under Roaming as well. Delete it, if need be.

Check this installed path as well, i.e. C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\Package cache{some random numbers} folder, if this has been created.

Solved!

My user variable path was, for whatever reason, %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live

I changed it to
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

And now it’s working again, well not Farcry 3 but that may have not worked beforehand now that I think about it. And Eclipse still works, not to mention for the first time in a while I can run cmd commands without directing it to Sys32.
Thank you for the help everyone it did point me in the right direction.

1 Like

That’s great to know.