Only Wemod 8.0.7 and older versions works

Hello,

So i got this strange behavior with wemod. Only version 8.0.7 and older works on my pc.
When i tried to update to anything above 8.0.7 it wont start but this active in task manager but it just wont show up.
I have whitelisted wemod in my anti-virus. i have blocked the updater for now so i can use wemod 8.0.7 so it so it wont update to a newer version.
Does anyone got a idea whats going on here? tried multiple things that i have read on the forum but nothing works.

Greatings, Dixonson

1 Like

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Make sure you, at the very minimum, have .NET Framework version 4.7.2 installed on your machine. Preferably you should have version 4.8 though.
If you have, reinstall it anyway in case it’s corrupted.
The official download link for it is in this thread, along with some other troubleshooting steps: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre.

Do you have multiple desktops, and if so have you checked WeMod wasn’t opening on another desktop?
Which antivirus do you use?

Hello,

.Net framework 4.8 is already included in Windows 10 and 11 by default so already running that.
The installation is not corrupted i already tried to reinstall it like a dozen times and uninstalled with revo so all leftovers are also gone no luck there.
I have no multiple desktops so thats not the problem and my Anti-Virus is Defender but its already whitelisted and isnt blocking anything wemod related, and that works because everything from 8.0.7 and below works great.
I have the feeling thats its not my pc but the problem is wemod it self and that something in the code changed after 8.0.7?