Phasmophobia save crypter

basically what mine would do is i go in and i do the save it would say “the ghost was a” then then itd stop there and it like reset my things, i backed up my save tho :slight_smile:

You need to progress further or buy something so it saves again.

but i dont have any money to buy anything at that point

Use the trainer to buy something or start a new mission then leave.

So, I can’t get it work. I’ve tried placing the crypter in the same folder as the save file is, running it as admin and I always get “file not found”. Is there any workaround this? I should add that I’m running the game in Spanish as well as my OS, could that be a possible discrepancy?

It will only work for English

Is this bannable in any way?

Yes. If you use it online it’s for singleplayer use only.

Feature Request: I know a user should backup the savefile first but can you modify the tool to create a backup file if tool doesn’t see saveGame.txt.bak doesn’t exist

It just says “file not found” when i run the crypter, ive tried all the same steps as Why_should_you_care as well but my game and os are definitely in english. It just cant find the saveData.txt file for whatever reason.

Uhh is the save located in the folder shown in the first post? With the way this game is being updated, I’m sure this won’t work one day.

Yep its still in Appdata/localLow/Kinetic Games/Phasmophobia

I recently reinstalled Phasmo on my new pc and noticed I didn’t had my Steam Cloud Save on after starting the game and being level one… So I manually checked my Steam Cloud and I am now lvl 195 instead of the lvl 600+ I originally was. Even worse is that save was from before the Phasmo changes with the new equipment and I had less then 10 items. I can cheat that with WeMod but I rather have my lvl 600+ level back. When I use the Save Crypter all I see is: {“StringData”:,“IntData”:,“FloatData”:,“BoolData”:}
So can anyone help me out here? Cause I did find a save from internet and if I use that I am lvl 1 without any money or items… Tried it ingame, without the game… NOTHING

It is possible they changed the key or encryption method. I honestly haven’t tried this in a long time and they changed from using .net to c++ so it would be harder to find the encryption key again. I could maybe look into it again in my spare time but I don’t play this game.

1 Like

If possible, that really would be awesome!

As of the Halloween update it still works. You just need to disable steam cloud for the game first, and delete SaveFile.es3 and SaveFile.es3.tmp.bak. Then the game will read your modded save file.

1 Like