Play does nothing

Any time I click the Play whether the game is loaded first or not the little purple line just keeps circling around the Play. This is with any game. It just started after the update to 6.2.13, the previous version was working correctly with all my games. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling it. I added it to the Windows Firewall to allow, I have added it to the exclusions in Windows Defender. I am running Windows 10 1909. I even tried switching to the Beta version with no change.

1 Like

@frank

1 Like

There was a beta channel update today that puts it at v6.2.14. Try applying the update and see what happens.

Let me know if the issue persists :slight_smile:.

Unfortunately I tried the new beta build and is still will not kick in and work. I tried with 4 different games, Star Wars Jedi Order, GTA V, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag and Watch Dogs. I forgot to mention that I am using a VPN, but I have been for a long time and I even tried unloading it from the running services and it did not make any difference.

One thing you haven’t done yet was delete the cache and trainer folders:

1. Kill WeMod in task manager

2. Delete these folders:

• C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\Cache
  • C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\App\trainers

It’s worth a shot at this point, so maybe this will resolve the issue, maybe not.

Let me know :slight_smile:

In addition to what @User_N4m3 said above, what version of Windows are you on?

To check (on Windows 10):

1. Type “About” in the search box on your taskbar.
  2. Click the result that says “About Your PC”.
  3. Scroll down to “Windows Specifications”.
  4. There’s a 4-digit number next to the word “Version”.

The latest version of the Windows 10 OS is 1903. If your version is out of date consider upgrading to the current version. I too was having an issue with the infinite spinning Play button in beta until I updated Windows to version 1903.

Beware, updating to version 1903 will take a very long time, possibly a couple of hours even if you have the fastest WiFi on the planet, due to the incredibly dumb way Microsoft downloads updates onto your machine, so do the updates when you’re not expecting to use your PC (ie when you’re sleeping).

The latest official version is 1909 released about a month ago. @Djice00 mentioned in the original post the Windows version they’re running:

I don’t mean to sound demeaning, just pointing it out :slight_smile:. Maybe you’ve had too much tea? :laughing:

Ah. Yeah, sleep deprivation tends to do that to you. :laughing:

Crawls under his desk for a nap. :sleeping:

1 Like

I downloaded trainers from https://www.wemod.com/cheats and run them to launch Wemod respectively, then the trainers started to work well.
You may go to C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\App\trainers(download) to check if your trainers are temporary files. If they are, then it is the problem of downloading, for trainers should be dll files.