Questions about Modding Xbox One

its WAY too early to talk about trainers what require running unsigned code… the damn device isnt even released yet…

For the first question, Xbox one is not backwards compatible, so any digital games you have on the 360 will not work on Xbox one. Also the Xbox one will not suport external memory at launch, so USB gamesaves are out of the question.

For anyone modders having an Xbox dev kit, i highly doubt it. The ones you have seen on YouTube look to me like store demo models and not the kits handed out to Xbox ID users. As you said though, only four weeks until we all get our hands on it.

Wait patiently like the rest of us and find out in the near future.

according to what I’ve read flash drives will not work on the x1, at least initially. I think they talked about eventually putting that feature in, but since they hadn’t planned on it with the drm version it would have to wait its turn.

Thanks for Sharing. I am a strong believer that common knowledge is repeated. It is now clear that the Boss of EBgames was not telling the truth about downloaded history. Also thanks for sharing the difference between Trainers and Demos. So correct me if I am wrong, Demos are shared at E3 for people to play before the console is released. Trainers are given out to magazines and people who make permotion videos for a living for example Randy Pitchford made youtube videos of him and his mates playing Borderlands 2 being overpowered before the game was released and very soon after more and more people was clearly using the same Trainer. I put the same questions on se7ensins and Game-tuts I am hoping to read the same education. Thank you so much for sharing how gaming/modding works. cya

The early builds of games are not using trainers, they have been coded like that. For example, when i played Dead Rising 3 at Eurogamer, the dev said that the build we would be playing has unlimited health, all weapons and more just for the show demo. It wasn’t using a trainer, it was just a build for show demos. The final product would be much different.

Kirino at Game-tuts Posted this

Got my xbox one next to me. Will see if I can JTAG and put a trainer on. brb with results.

Cant tell if srs, or waht.

Just to Keep you updated.
keysnsamples at se7ensins who has worked in the past producing games for xbox stated this

You can’t “Jtag” an Xbox One.
The process is going to be completely different.

To address this problem we need to contact the people who sell JTag kits to update the hardware for the Xbox One then JTag Xbox One shouldn’t be a problem.
Also Keyring said

Also the Xbox one will not suport external memory at launch, so USB gamesaves are out of the question.

This if Microsoft leaves it perment would stop modding softwares like Horizion and Modio as they are 100% USB modding.
I remember before moding on USB people would buy hardrive highjacking kits and we could mod saves on the hardrive. I hope we don’t have to go back to that as loads of Australians went to jail for using those kits. I forget what they was called I think it was a hardrive transfer cable narr that can’t be it, too many years ago.
I have checked Kirino’s profile at Game-TuTs and gave him a private message saying prove your self or your full of bull.
So for now until things change!

1. No modding Xbox one with JTag
  2. No modding Xbox One with USB
    It’s looking sad but I know it will change it has too.

People modded gamesaves LONG BEFORE Microsoft supported External Memory Drives.

Don’t post about s*** that you clearly have no idea about. Don’t wanna sound like an assh*le, but yeah.

Ahh yes i remember them days. I started with this bad boy and i got it to mod recon armor in Halo 3 theater clips.

I made this Forum Thread to kickstart comversation on Thinking about moding Xbox One.
Yes you are correct I’m not that Brainy
I seen a need for conversation on moding Xbox One that no one else was doing So I started this Thread.
I welcome All educated comments.
As you can read people are using this Thread.
I hope this clears up any confusion ok.

Keyring Great Photo.
I was all most put into prision for using one of them.
EBgames got very angry with me when I told them I was using one and later I wanted to trade in the console.
The only thing that stoped the game shop ringing the police was the fact they couldn’t find it.
I have never seen a shop so angry in my life before that day. :smile:

I need to toss out the thort online:
Xbox 360 slims and E consoles there hardrives slot into the xbox leaving no room for any xsata device…
Would it even be possible to Make a xsata device for the Xbox One?
I don’t mean to offend anyone I’m just Tossing the question out in the open.

If we can’t dump the keyvault we won’t even be able to rehash and resign files…
None of what we have would be possible without dumping the nand. Which could be damn near impossible on the next gen 360. We got lucky with a 360 exploit. By we I mean the hardcore 360 modders from back in the day.

Cody interesting news you gave I passed it onto other modders.
As for me I just got a unpaid contract to make software for game-Tuts not Modio.
So from now on I’m taking a backseat from this forum thread as I no longer have the time.
Someone Please take over?
Cya guys

Out of the question anything is possible, literally i here people say we cant do this , we cant do that then later in the future they find a way. Its pathetic, the console is not even out yet. Anything is possible understand that.

Microsoft never make the same mistake twice.
They make new ones.
Hopefully :thumbsup:

wat.

OT: I honestly hope modding is impossible for the New Xbox. It would be great fresh start, and it would awesome to have real un-modded leaderboards for once and for everyone to have to unlock things from hard work/effort.

I had a tech demo of the Xbox One. The reps really took note of my… different and testy questions. Straight away they knew something was up when I asked them if the file system is still fat32.

I also tried digging around in the early build dash, which kinda annoyed the tech guy. I also then asked him if devs use anything similar to neighborhood and partnernet; in which he replied “yeah, there’s new versions of those” “how do you know about that?” haha.

But yeah, that’s all i’ve noticed.

tldr: USB modding should be similar formatting and still possible. Encryption is the real question here.

I just realized this is a thread by the same guy who had the brilliant idea of going to a police officer and asking him questions about modding games and creating software for modding games. Not the brightest crayon in the box, and full of bad choices.

Sure lots of people in Australia were arrested and went to prison over doing something, I’m going to do the same thing, then talk to everyone at EBGames about it - idiot. I find it hard to believe he’s more than 11 years old, because most kids that age aren’t that stupid.

And yes, for your question in bold, it could be done. If it has a hard drive, then there is someway that you could make a drive that was able to be externally connected.