Red Dead Redemption 2 WeMod Fix

Hey everyone! Recently I tried playing Red Dead Redemption 2 (Story Mode) with WeMod and every time I loaded the game I’d be hit with an error or crash or something similar. I went online to look to see if I could find any way to fix this, but despite searching on Google and some forums for about an hour or two, I found nothing. Today though while I was trying different ways to get it to work I found a way that seems to be working. So if anyone else is having this issue, here’s what I did to fix it! :slight_smile:

Step 1: Open WeMod and go to the Red Dead Redemption 2 option in Games, but don’t click play yet!

Step 2: Launch Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam. Once it finally loads choose windowed mode (I also tried this with windowed borderless mode, both worked for the same).

Step 3: Hit the Windows button on your keyboard and go back to WeMod, then click Play.

After that you should be good to go. If you want to swap back to Fullscreen you can afterwards, it hasn’t given me any issues. I’m not sure why it doesn’t work when you launch it through WeMod (or why it won’t even get to the main menu), but hopefully this will help someone having the same issue I was having. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So we can’t play on full screen?

it doesn’t work for me. wemod give unknown error ffffff, when I try from steam the way you described the game just stuck and not responding. I have done every thing but still unable to play on wemod. my game version is 1311.25

1 Like

the same !!! error ffffff !!! is like so annoying can’t do noting about it !!!

i did the same step and after i hit play, the game crash… :frowning:

ohh my game version is 1436.28… it’s a hack game so i dont open it through epic, rockstar nor steam

same. it keeps crashing after I clicked play even though I followed the instructions

If you’re still having issues make sure that both WeMod and Red Dead Redemption 2 are up to date and that you’re launching the game in windowed mode (if it’s set to fullscreen mode change the settings and then restart the game - you can still change this after WeMod connects to the game without having to restart).

The only other thing I can think of is that my game was vanilla, so I can’t vouch for if this works if you’re using a modded or otherwise altered game.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 Cheats and Trainer for Steam