Saints Row IV GOG v Steam Release

The topic appears to have been closed for problems using the cheats with the game.
This is about Infinity stating the GOG version isn’t Valid.

Continuing the discussion from Saints Row IV Cheats:[quote=“Uhuru_NUru, post:20, topic:20891, full:true”]
I have the recently released GOG version of this game.
Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition
Which is as far as I know, is the same as the Steam version, and consists of the base game plus all the DLC.
All my GOG versions of other games work fine with Infinity, and are accepted as valid.

Infinity 3 says this isn’t a valid installation, when I try to add it’s path.so does this patch only work for the base game, or is it hashchecking for the Steam release only?
[/quote]

I happen to have booth of them, as I always get GOG releases for anything I own on Steam, and in fact Saint’s Row is also a GOG connect title, meaning a Steam owner can get the game on GOG, without paying for another copy.

Though there are some differences, the folder structure, and core game files of almost all GOG releases are identical.
I don’t usually have any issues with the GOG releases, even though the exe is rarely the same, as it has DRM removed.

Saints Row IV has only one crucial difference, which I hadn’t noticed until now, as I didn’t have the Steam version installed.
Steam names the exe
SaintsRowIV.exe
GOG uses
Saints Row IV.exe

Renaming the GOG release, to match the Steam name, fixes the validation issue.
So it’s a simple name check failure, and adding the GOG variant as a valid name, should fix this.
Unusual for the exe to be renamed, I will bring it to GOG’s attention, as it will affect all 3rd party tools looking for the exe.

1 Like

Alright, i can add that to v3. Infinity v2 doesn’t support muliple installation support