Shows No Connection when I run the APP

Last time I run the APP it told me to relogin, but it keeps showing my PW is wrong. So i uninstall it and download the latestreleased version on the “WeMod - Thanks for downloading!”. Then another problem appears, it keeps showing “Your Computer appears to be offline. An internet connection is required to start the app for the first time”, but my internet connections is fine. I tried to change the hosts file and using VPN to solve this, but both of them doesnt work out. How can I solve this? Thank you guys.

Hello.

This error will usually occur when there is a security program on your PC or network blocking the installation.

Troubleshooting is here: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre

I tried as the guide says, but it still doesnt work. I even uninstall my security program and stop the Windows Firawall and Defence.

Thank you for the update. :slight_smile:

It is not recommended that you do this. Not only is it unnecessary but it also makes you vulnerable to attack.

Have you checked your router’s firewall?
Do you own the internet connection or does it belong to someone else (ie, a university)?

This is my own computer and my own internet. The strange thing is i only use the APP about one or two weeks ago, and that works good, and when i open the APP yesterday, the problem came. First was the password problem, every time i login it told me my password was wrong, but it works on the web, i also tried to change my password but the cannot login problem still there. So I uninstall and reinstall the APP, then the connection problem came. Since im from china, so i thought maybe i should use VPN, but nothing help.

Em, I shut down my router’s firewall, and install the APP on my laptop, the same problem appears. Maybe it is the broadband operators‘s problem. :sleepy:

I’ve asked around for a second opinion, including from @frank - WeMod’s co-founder and lead developer. But it’s currently the weekend so we may have to be patient. :slight_smile:

The Great Firewall of China, as we call it, does cause many issues for gamers from Mainland China, unfortunately. A lot of outgoing connections to western gaming services are censored, for example. I’m not sure if you’re aware of this or not, but it’s a very sad and unfortunate situation.

Using a VPN should usually help in that case. Opera Browser is free and has a VPN built into it. There’s also a service called Windscribe which gives you a few GB free of VPN usage.

Great! I solved that, I just called the broadband operator to reboot my internet. And the problem solved. Thankyou for your patience help! Love you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

ive tried all of this with no luck on the fix, any help would be great

1 Like