Star Control: Origins Cheats and Trainer for Steam

Star Control: Origins
This is the official discussion topic of the Star Control: Origins Trainer and Cheats in the WeMod app. Please post any suggestions, bug reports, or praise that you may have for the cheats in here!

Download Trainer

Download the trainer or find it in the WeMod app.

Trainer Options and Cheats:

1. Unlimited Health Lander
2. Unlimited Health Ship
3. Unlimited Fuel
4. Unlimited RU
5. Unlimited Boost
6. Unlimited Landers

Screenshot:

Supported Game Versions:

We strive to keep our trainers up to date with the latest game versions. WeMod automatically detects which version you have installed and activates the mods accordingly. So there’s no need to worry about which version of the game you have!

Updates and Changes:

• 09/24/2018
    Started development

• 09/24/2018
    Released trainer with 5 cheats

• 10/20/2019
    Unlimited Health Lander cheat added
    Unlimited Health Ship cheat added
    Unlimited RU cheat added

• 03/24/2020
    Bug fixes and game compatibility improvements

• 09/01/2020

• 10/11/2021

• 02/10/2023

• 07/30/2023

Like what you see?

Check out all of the games WeMod supports here.

1 Like

The Star Control: Origins cheats have been updated!

Changes:

• Released trainer with 6 cheats

Please post in this topic if you run into any issues!

1 Like

Just checked both of them out. Neither work. Tis a sad day.

I can confirm this; neither of the 24 Sept nor the 20 Oct versions work; likely due to the recent release.

Update: The cheats work as expected, but not when in a battle. The ship battle will proceed as if the WeMod engine is not running and you will lose crew if you are damaged. If you win the battle, then the crew value will be reset to the max number based on your ships load-out.

I believe the expectation is that the ship-to-ship battle sequences will occur with “god mode” enabled (no loss of crew) and it is therefore “broken”.

Probably a weird bug, I’ll forward this to the dev so they can formally answer if that is the intended function of the cheat :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Changes:

• Bug fixes and game compatibility improvements

1 Like

The RU cheat will not activate. When I turn it on it slides back to off.

And my landers explode immediately on Venus. Everything else works as advertised. Thanks!

Changes:

1 Like

Crashes game when cheat is activated. Using Steam.

I try to start the game from the WeMod button in the interface, and I get a “These cheats were made for the 64 bit version of this game but you are launching the 32 bit version” error message.

If they have a 32 bit version of the game, why the minimum recommended PC asks for a 64 bit OS?

It makes no sense, unless it’s some kind of anticheat protection that fools WeMod into thinking it’s running at 32 bit.

Otherwise, is there any way to force Steam-SCO to run in 64 bit mode, if it’s really running in 32 bit mode?

Changes:

The unlimited RU, Unlimited Lander Health, and Unlimited Ship Health are not currently functioning.

I’m having an issue where when I activate the Unlimited Health Lander and Unlimited RU mods, it just flicks back to being off. Any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it please? TIA

Changes:

Changes:

1 Like

I just started playing SC:O with the WeMod trainer; it mostly works fine, but I’ve been having one odd experience… if I press the tilde key (~ or `), a grey box pops up (see attached image)… I can turn off the popup windows by clicking the buttons on the top bar, but I cannot make the bar itself go away, other than by quitting and re-starting the game. I also haven’t found anything that I can type in the data field, which would produce any output of any sort.

Does anyone have any idea what this is, and how to turn it off once it is on??