Stopped launching all games

Wemod all of a sudden stopped working for any game. Line just spins around the play button HELP!!!
I have disabled everything, also reinstalled wemod after reboot…

First thing to try is switch your release channel to Beta:

Thank you, I did try that. wemod just had an update, looked like it was going to work, then this popped up from bitdefender after i did what they said to do in the support docs for Bitdefender. Bitdefender is still a major headache!!

Yeah, BitDefender is one of the more aggressive AVs out there and it hates WeMod. Please refer to this support link to add file exceptions for WeMod in BitDefender: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13427/.

The files you want to add are:

• C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\WeMod\Update.exe
  • C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\WeMod\WeMod.exe
  • C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\WeMod\app-x.x.xx\resources\app.asar.unpacked\static\unpacked\auxiliary\WeModAuxiliaryService.exe

You may also need to white-list your game library folders too [Steam, Origin, Epic, uPlay, etc] if it’s flagging your game .exe’s.

Let me know if you still have trouble after doing this :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

LOL! It even blocks command prompt and conhost?! :rofl:

Bitdefender: “We’ll protect you from viruses - by not letting you use the computer”. :laughing:

I’d suggest considering getting a different anti-virus. @User_N4m3 gives excellent advice above if you want to keep BitDefender for a while longer.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: WeMod game launching issue