Stuck at infinite loading screen

So I’ve had this problem since yesterday, which that every time I start the Wemod launcher, it stays on the loading screen with the logo. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, the only anti-virus I have is windows defender so I don’t think that’s the problem. When I use Shift+ctrl+D, it tells me: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED and failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED. Does anyone know how to fix this? :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

First of all, Launch Task Manager locate all WeMod processes (ie, look in background processes too). Then right-click and end task on all WeMod processes. And then re-launch it.

Other than that, antivirus interference can cause the software to not launch or install correctly, even if it’s just Windows Defender - it’s still an antivirus. Follow the steps in this post here: Can’t Install WeMod.

Keep us updated. :slight_smile:

Hello, I did as you said and followed all the steps multiple times, but It’s still stuck at the infinite loading screen :frowning:. I don’t know why this suddenly happened because ever since I installed wemod in late 2018, It’s been working fine, and now since 2 days ago this happened.

Hello and thank you for the update. :slight_smile:

First of all, with WeMod now added as an antivirus exception, could I ask you to restart your computer and then try launching WeMod again?

If the issue still persists after that, try downloading .NET Framework 4.7.2 from the official Microsoft website. Even if you had it before, something might have gotten corrupt - which just randomly happens on Windows PCs for no apparent reason.
Here’s the link to the official Microsoft download for it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4054530/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-offline-installer-for-windows. Scroll down to the Download Information header, then click the link under the “For all Windows operating systems” option.

Let us know how this goes. :slight_smile:

Thanks bro, it finally worked :sob:. I was beginning to lose hope and thought that I’ll never be able to use wemod again. Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Most welcome indeed. Glad that the issue was able to be resolved. :slight_smile:

Enjoy using WeMod with your games and always feel free to pop into the community for support, with questions, to hang out or to grab some of the occasional freebies that get posted in the deals & giveaways forum section. :slight_smile: