Troy Total War Games crashes

At first I thought I had a video card issue. After playing several Total War games without WeMod my game did not crash. So I played Troy Total War without WeMod and the game did not crash at all. I also found out that when I used WeMod the game did crash it was during Campaign battles. No crashes during campaign maps. During live battle scenario’s it crashed very often.

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

As someone who doesn’t own this game, I am guessing these live battle scenarios are online game modes, possibly player versus player or co-op?

In that case, the crashing is the game’s anti-cheat and is therefore completely intentional. Trainers are never intended to be used in online game modes. They are for offline game modes only. You’ll get banned, or at the very least shadow banned, for trying to use a trainer in an online game mode.

Well you guessed wrong. These games and this one are Player against computer AI. Yes I am sure there is player against player modes but they are primarily player against the computer written AI. Same as all the Total War games. Rome Total War, Pharaoh Total War, Napoleon Total War, Attila Total War, Empire Total War and Shogun Total War. All strategy player against computer written Strategy games. Troy Total War and Pharaoh Total War are 2 of the newest in line. These games are already included in the WeMod menus. The live battles are being fought by a player and the computer written AI in real time 3d action and strategy while all the management is done on a turn based map. There is no anti-cheat program for this mode. So that said the bug is in the WeMod program.

Hello!

Thanks for the update.

None of the other millions of active users at WeMod has reported this issue in the trainer’s official thread. So it is not a widespread trainer issue.

Aside from anticheat, crashing is predominantly caused by hardware limitations on the player’s machine. Such as having an outdated GPU, or insufficient RAM to run both the game and WeMod together.

Let’s say, for example, you have 16GB of RAM on your PC, that doesn’t mean you have 16GB available to use for the game and WeMod, because other programs are using that RAM too.

• Check your GPU manufacturer’s website for an update. Don’t bother using Windows’ built-in update checking tool because it’s useless, always misses updates.
  • Close all unnecessary background programs via task manager to free up system resources, such as RAM.
  • Make sure WeMod is added as an exception in your anti-virus program.

Your are still giving excuses instead of looking at a possible problem. I have 32 gig of ram and a RX4070 video card. I have 6 terabyte in hard drive space. None of my other games are affected as is the Troy Total War is. I have found several complaints about Troy crashing using WeMod. I have also found a way to partially make it work. I turn it off when in battles and turn it back on when on the campaign map. There is a problem with WeMod when being used with Troy. I play Pharaoh which is nearly a similar game using WeMod without issue. My anti virus is turned off along with other unnecessary programs. I am not a kid. I have been building and playing on computers for 30 years now. I know when I see a problem. Do your job an investigate instead of trying to find a problem with me.