Uninstalled game still shows up in my apps

Hi. I want to uninstall my game but when I uninstall it via apps it still shows up in my apps/programs no matter what. all of the folders are gone but it’s still in my apps/programs. My account has enough access to delete it but I just can’t. help

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Though this isn’t a WeMod issue, but rather a computer issue which we don’t actually provide support for, I’ll help a bit.

When you want to uninstall games, or any software for that matter, from your PC, you should always use the Windows tool called “Add or Remove Programs”, which comes with every Windows PC.
Ignore any official uninstallers which come with the software itself. Because these always leave straggling files behind on your computer.

Are you sure that what you are seeing isn’t just an empty folder left behind by the uninstaller, rather than the game itself? If it’s just an empty folder in your programs list with nothing in it then, you can go right ahead and delete it manually.

Uninstalling Software

1. Open the Start menu.
  2. Type “Add or remove programs” into the search box and click the result.
  3. Search for the game to see if it is still installed. If it is, uninstall it from here.

Straggling Files

Check these locations on your PC to see if the game has left any files behind after an uninstallation. If it has, manually delete them.

• C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local
  • C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\LocalLow
  • C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming
  • C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Documents\My Games

Official Microsoft Tool

Microsoft has a handy tool which helps with removing programs that cannot be completely removed for some reason (ie, due to corrupt registry keys).

You can download this from the official Microsoft website here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed. Do so and run the tool.

Cracked/Pirated Software

Was the game cracked/pirated by any chance? There’s the possibility that the crack contained malicious software which is now abusing your machine and making it difficult to remove the malicious software. Such as adware, spyware or a crypto miner. Cracked games may look free - but they’re really not, you’re just paying in a different way.
Run a virus scan now, though the chances are they won’t detect any of this. Then as additional security, download, install and run Malware Bytes, which is free and designed to specifically detect this sort of thing: https://www.malwarebytes.com/.

Let us know how it goes. But if none of this helps, your best bet is to ask in a community that is designed to support people with computer issues. Here at WeMod we focus on assisting people with WeMod and trainer issues, not computer issues in general.