Use points to have an abandoned game picked back up?

We can use points to cast votes towards having a trainer added for a new game, but what about games that have been abandoned? There are games that were only released last year, that are still supported by their developer, but have been abandoned in Infinity.

I would happily pick up a years license of Infinity if it meant that my games were actually supported, but if they’re going to be picked up and then abandoned after a dlc comes out…that’s just too risky for my tastes. If I were able to put points forward to vote to have a game picked back up, though, I could feel a bit more secure in knowing that the $70 for a year license would be safely spent, because it’s not left to a gamble on how long until someone else lost interest in keeping the trainer up to date before I have lost interest in the game.

1 Like

We don’t abandon games but some trainers do get priority over others. It makes more sense to keep up with game updates for trainers that a lot of people use. I also can’t buy every game so if a patch isn’t publicly available, i can’t do much. This will change as we grow and are better able to afford games etc.

Which trainer are you talking about? If its made by me, i’ll definitely update it.

I like the idea though

1 Like

Yes, it looks like it is your trainer - Anno 2205. I was actually considering just getting you the Steam key the next time it went on sale, but that’s probably going to be…June?

But this would add longevity to a lot of titles in my library, and I’d happily devote the 10k I have saved up plus whatever bonus the annual license gives. I have no idea if the mod authors get a kickback or such from the points, or what might work in whatever functions. :stuck_out_tongue:

You get a 10k one time bonus when you first sign up for pro, and during your entire subscription you will earn twice as much wepoints compared to if you were a non-pro member.

1 Like

Yeah it wasn’t in my update list because there are very few users (if any) of that trainer, i’ll update it (added to my list - https://trello.com/b/TqFilDUv/stn-s-to-do )

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you! Also, if I may, what is the actual URL of your steam profile? I’m seeing a massive quantity of profiles named “Steyn”, so if I do have the opportunity to gift a game, I know properly where to send it?

Thanks, again!

1 Like
1 Like