Valve Steam Deck

My problem is that WeMod’s assembler fails when i try to activate the cheats. I haven’t installed thar aur yet. Cloned the pkg, just need to build it, but it said it can’t find fakeroot. I’m more knowledgeable with Linux then a novice, but still very much learning as i go.

WeMod.log (38.9 KB)

Strange, it shouldn’t have this kind of problem of fakeroot, and did you try with another game? I have tested it with cuphead and have worked just fine in wine staging

I figured out my own method with Proton-6.19-GE-2, and Steam Tinker Launch but given my problem, I’m trying out everything i can find to get it working. Everything goes swimmingly until i activate a cheat. The logs shows the assembler loads in successfully but it fails to inject the cheats into the game. Now i don’t actually understand what everything in the logs means, but i do know what ■■■■ going wrong looks like, and it all looks good to me until here

“INFO [trainer] Trainer fully initialized.
INFO [trainer] set_xp set to 500 by trainer
INFO [trainer] Ready for user input.
INFO [trainer] unlimited_health set to 0 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] unlimited_ki set to 1 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] instant_cooldown set to 0 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] max_gauge set to 1 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] unlimited_surgeduration set to 1 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] unlimited_items set to 0 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] unlimited_orbs set to 1 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] unlimited_zeni set to 1 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] unlimited_medals set to 1 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] max_communitylevel set to 0 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] set_xp set to 30000 by save cheats
INFO [trainer] one_hitkills set to 0 by save cheats
DEBUG [trainer] unlimited_health set to 0 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] Allocating 15 variables…
DEBUG [trainer] Loading assembler into process…
DEBUG [trainer] Assembler loaded.
DEBUG [trainer] Done allocating variables.
DEBUG [trainer] Variable polling started.
WARN [trainer] Failed to assemble.
DEBUG [trainer] unlimited_ki set to 1 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] instant_cooldown set to 0 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] max_gauge set to 1 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] unlimited_surgeduration set to 1 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] unlimited_items set to 0 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] unlimited_orbs set to 1 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] unlimited_zeni set to 1 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] unlimited_medals set to 1 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] max_communitylevel set to 0 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] set_xp set to 30000 by client.
DEBUG [trainer] one_hitkills set to 0 by client.
WARN [trainer] Failed to assemble.”

it could be a problem with .net, even if it has open it properly, what .net have you installed?

4.8. I always still get .Net errors when i install JUST 4.8, so i start with 4.0 and work my way up

4.7 or 4.8 is borked in proton 5+, so you need to downgrade proton to 4.x version, after that, use protontricks to install 4.7.2 and 4.8( 4.7 is not need to run wemod, just 4.8 is enough, but, maybe something is missing because 4.7.2 in protontricks install a lot of .net versions and 4.8 dosen’t), after that, put the right version of proton that you want to use, and try wemod again, i know in wine(not using proton) have worked just fine with cuphead

Proton-6.19-GE-2 is the most reliable for installing everything that I’ve tested. I finally got everything working. I tried to replicate the process i did with WeMod’s standalone prefix for every other game, but clearly I’m messing up somewhere so I’ve just been symlinking the game’s steamuser folder to WeMod’s prefix and installing WeMod to the game’s prefix through WeMod’s in ProtonTricks, then i copy the System32 and .Net Framework folders from WeMod’s Windows folder to the game’s. Then i symlink whatever steamapps folder that game belongs to to its prefix, and WeMod runs, the cheats work , and it reads the library that game belongs to properly. I only run the game that WeMod is in the prefix for obviously, but i like everything working. Done this on like a dozen games now.