WeMod 7 installation issue

Having issues installing. Keeps going to 100% and saying finishing up then the setup fails. Offline setup does it too.

Hello there. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear of this issue. This is a classic case of a security program on your PC or network interfering with the installation.

Updated troubleshooting to resolve this is here: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre

Hm. I cant seem to find anything that would mess with it. My internet has been consistent enough lately and I dont have an antivirus besides shitty inbuilt windows defender that cant be disabled. Heres the log if you guys would like to look further into it.SquirrelSetup.log (299.4 KB)

Did you follow the instructions given in the thread? The thread states to follow them even if you only have Windows Defender.

Your log indicates that WeMod’s installation is being blocked by something on your machine.

2021-04-18 03:19:36> Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\Users\deathrunner123\AppData\Local\WeMod\app-7.0.18-beta00\resources\app.asar.unpacked\static\unpacked\trainerlib\TrainerLib_x64.dll’ is denied.

It seems that just deleting the 2 files in AppData for WeMod made it work. WeMod now starts again and is up to date with 7.0.19 at the time. However it still said the setup failed, but I guess something bypassed it and started the preserved updater and core .exe’s.