Wemod address search feature

I was wondering since Wemod can be used as a launcher would it possible to make a feature for searching and modifying values like cheat engine, possibly even a more streamlined Pointer search once a value is identified?

so my idea sort of circles around that since Wemod launches the game it could attach to the process automatically then function similarly to cheatengine allowing users to search for values in the memory so if there is no trainer or if a particular feature isn’t included in the available trainer.

also I don’t know if there is an easier way to find pointers than the intensive scans you normally have to do with cheatengine, but wemod could take advantage of user mass and cloud data pooling if people are able to tag scans or addresses to the target like #health then the scans could be shared sever side to collectively sort of brute force pointers from multiple people then once a pointer address is found people could pull it up by just searching the tags and people could manually use that pointer until the developers had time to integrate it into the trainer properly.

this would be particularly useful for older/less popular games when they get updates and even new titles as it could help the developers by giving them larger data sets to work with even if a pointer can’t be found quickly or easily.

to prevent abuse it would probably be wise for a rating system for both users and pointers so if someone posts a pointer that doesn’t work people can downvote it as non-effective this would invisibly affect the users overall rating as well and if they consistently post bogus pointers or address data the system would automatically suppress or reject their data.

as both a protection and an incentive this feature should probably be locked behind Pro membership as anyone attempting to troll the system would be forced to shell out the membership fee just to include erroneous data which with the rating feature would quickly be filtered out. This would also be an incentive for buying pro-membership as it would give users access to more cheats than even the trainers and would be more noob friendly that vanilla cheat engine.

My first question is, what purpose would this serve? I mean, Wemod is designed around single players, and are usually not associated with server-based games (which are usually multi-player games to begin with), so i’m failing to see the point of this.

I think you misunderstood the server I referred to is the WeMod server essentially the library where the trainer reside. Not a game server

I’m not sure how familiar you are with cheat engine or even how most trainers generally function so I’ll give a brief and general overview.

So when you launch a game it is loaded into your ram. Everything in the game then has a temporary address within that particular instance of the game. You can use programs like cheat engine to search the memory for a particular address for example say your character has 100 health so you search for all instances of the number 100 in the memory occupied by the process. You will usually get thousands of hits initially but my fluctuating the value and running searches against your previous results you can eventually narrow it down to a few addresses the. It’s just a little trial an error to determine which is the address for your health. Once you know that you can modify and or freeze that value making it effectively so you don’t take damage and or have more health than a single instance of damage can deal.

Now all that is temporary if you close the game and reopen it that address you found won’t work it’ll be some other value. So you either have to start over and search again or you can try to find the pointer.

A pointer is the relative address of a particular variable such as health they are usually always stored in the same relative address from the start of the process. To find a pointer you usually have to use the method described above to find the value then save a record of where it’s stored in memory then rinse and repeat several times until you find its relative position by comparing the different data sets to one another.

Once you’ve found the pointer address you can open and close the game infinite times and you will always be able to use that pointer for that value unless something like an update causes addresses to shift this is why updates to games sometimes but don’t always break a trainer.

Now that is a very basic explanation because in practice for newer games you sometimes have to go through multiple levels of pointers to get to a value so like your character Id may have a pointer relative to the engine then your health has a pointer relative to your character Id. So sometimes you need exponentially more searches to find a Pointer.

But here is the kicker a pointer is not specific to your game or computer so if I find the health pointer and give it to you then you can use it as well. Again this is how trainers generally function by finding pointers.

Now if this functionality is built into WeMod then it could automatically log your search and address data even if you use the temporary option this would add to the greater overall pool of data which makes finding the pointer easier for the developers to then turn into a cheat in the trainer.

The added benefit is once the pointer is identified anyone can use it until they add it to the trainer so you don’t have to wait for the trainer to be made.

Hope that answers your question

1 Like

it does, thank you