WeMod App stopped working (March 2021)

Shortcut failed. Found the program and it would not run. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall and keeps failing to install. Worked fine yesterday.

14 Likes

same here as well.
the update also triggered every virus scanner and malware protector i have.
it also self deleted itself from my computer.
this is the line that repeats constantly throughout the report

at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String args)
—> (Inner Exception #0) System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\Users\smith\AppData\Local\WeMod\Update.exe’ is denied.

2 Likes

same for me tried to update it and shown up as virus and now its gone and wont install even wean i made it a exception to my virus scanner

Same happened for me. I found the file in question in the avast bin, just restore the file and make an exeption. Seems that AVG and Avast, at least, marks that wemod file as a virus or IDP.generic.
Update: That didnt work either. I was too fast to try a solution, im sorry. I guess uninstalling the antivirus may do the trick, but cant have it like that either.

same here i thought the problem is my PC so i installed every latest update on windows 7 but it’s still not working, AVG block it, i already remove it from the quarantine file and still not working i hope this get fix soon. It looks like the problem is from wemod itself

Hello! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear of this issue you’re having.

Please give these instructions here a try: I can’t Install WeMod / “There was a error installing the application” - WeMod App / Support.

If the issue continues to persist after following the above steps:

1. Open your antivirus program.
  2. Go to the quarantine menu / virus chest menu.
  3. If you see a WeMod file quarantined there despite following the instructions, whitelist that file from here and de-quarantine it.

Keep us updated, please. And could everyone reporting this confirm whether they have AVG or its parent company AVAST, or a different antivirus? Thank you. :slight_smile:

EDIT - Further troubleshooting

If the issue persists after you have followed the instructions in the above link:

1. Restart your PC
  2. Open your antivirus program.
  3. Go to the quarantine / virus chest menu.
  4. If there are any WeMod files that are quarantined there despite you following the instructions previously, whitelist the file from here and de-quarantine it.

tried it but cant do anything cant delete or restore it in my virus chest cant uninstall. reinstall. or update wemod or the offline

In your virus chest, specifically which file has been quarantined there?

Since you used the term “virus chest” I’m assuming you’re using either AVG or its parent company AVAST?

avast and its update.exe if i try restore it says file cant be restored and if i try to delete it it just doesn’t do it not even a error

Thank you for the update, this is all very helpful and is being passed onto the relevant person. :slight_smile:

Could you try one more thing for me please?

1. Restart your PC.
  2. Try to whitelist the file from your virus chest again.

This is to make sure it’s not failing to be whitelisted due to it being stuck still running in the background due to the antivirus interference.

i got it working again had to make it a exception delete every trace of the app manually and in the chest restart re-download the installer and install it again
i am sure there some unnecessary things in here but this what i did

1 Like

Thank you for providing this information. :slight_smile:

Ideally, everything you had to do there should have been unnecessary. All your helpful information has been passed onto @frank, who is WeMod’s co-founder and lead developer, so that this can be looked onto deeper. It may be that we will need to contact AVG/AVAST and tell them to get their software back in line. :laughing:

Thanks again, we appreciate your time greatly. :beers:

2 Likes

same problem, using Avast Free virusscanner. I used the suggestion above:

• Restart PC
  • Virus chest: restore & create exception for Update.exe (tried it before restart, was not allowed to do it)
  • Use installer

and I’m back in business :slight_smile: thanks!

Had the same problem with AVG. Went through the same steps others here have mentioned but AVG still grabbed the update file despite being whitelisted. Found it easier to just go back to the previous version which works fine.

I have the same problem here with AVG , I made exceptions but it still flags them, the program then request that I reinstall WeMod which gets flagged twice regardless one of which is a new path labelled “Squirrels”?

Did what Ravenfyre said, but still wont work. Cant get the file out of the viruschest. It says “There is an error” and when i try to find it, its not on the computer.
So a catch 22? Cant install it, cant find it in the computer. :slight_smile:

Update: I uninstalled the avast, then installed wemod, then avast again. All ok!

For future reference you might want to whitelist WeMod in your Antivirus.
Avast can sometimes block some trainers. Antivirus in general isn’t very happy about trainers so it could save you hassle down the road.

If I reinstall avast will it still save the settings? From what y’all have seen above?

Is that the only fix for now?

See this post and give this a go: WeMod App stopped working (March 2021) - #11 by mcsgaap1.

Guys try an old installer. I just got it back working doing that.