WeMod App stopped working (March 2021)

We are currently attempting to figure out what is causing this issue as we are unable to reproduce it ourselves. Is this update the first time it has happened? If you can remember did it happen when WeMod started updating or after? It would also be useful if you could let us know what version of the AVG or Avast you are running.

free avg - wemod literally just won’t install - it gets to 100% and then nothing…

I did a complete uninstall of AVG and now it’s working just fine - of course this isn’t a solution as it eliminates my protection from viruses now…

For me, yes this is the first time it happened, in previous updates it will just let the update thru no problem, it happened when i opened wemod yesterday it automatically update then AVG decided to block it and auto uninstall it, it was working fine before the update, the version of AVG im using is the latest downloadable one. for now i will delete AVG then reinstall wemod then reinstall AVG again for virus protection (or just not reinstall AVG for now until it gets fix)

so i tried reinstalling we mod but i got this error many times (i also dont have a anti virus now)
I tried the past forums fix where i will go here:

i already deleted the files there but i still get the same error
it says that i need .net 4.5 + but im pretty sure my .net is higher since i got this message
I don’t know what to do anymore to install it again

Hey @WingZero07. :slight_smile:

This is a separate issue from the AVG/AVAST one we are discussing here. That error message (which is from Microsoft, not WeMod) means you are missing very important updates on your Windows 7 PC.
More information and links here: How do i fix this error (Please respond Devs) - #9 by Ravenfyre.
After doing that, my advice is to update .NET Framework to at least version 4.7 (or 4.8 would be even better). Windows 7 no longer gets these updates automatically as it is no longer supported by Microsoft.

working fine with me.

i had wemod 9 hours ago and it said update so i clicked it and then it went poof from my pc entirley

Welcome to the community @undeadrave99. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that. However, please read previous posts in threads before posting. The solution to this problem has already been shared in here.

See here for the solution that has been working for everyone reporting this: WeMod App stopped working (March 2021) - #6 by Ravenfyre.