WeMod been crashing a lot on my Steam games

Is there something I’m doing wrong? No AV… Yet still WeMod crashes on almost all my games… AC Vaha, Odyssey, Anno 1800, Horizon Dawn…

Hello! :slight_smile:

It is very difficult to determine the cause of crashes with the little amount of information given.
There are dozens of causes of crashes. The majority of them are hardware related.

Before we get to that, though, I’d just like to point something out.

If you did not install a third-party anti-virus, then your PC is using the default Windows Defender, which is an anti-virus. Windows Defender cannot be removed from the machine because it is permanently embedded into the operating system.

This post will explain how to resolve most anti-virus related issues: “Wemod failed loading the cheats into your game” / “We’re having trouble downloading the cheats” - WeMod Support.

Onto the crashing.

• Are you saying that WeMod itself crashes or the game crashes while using WeMod?
  • Do you get any error messages at all, if so what do they say?
  • Do you have Windows 7, 8 or 10?
  • Does your machine have enough RAM to run both the game and WeMod at the same time? (for example, if the game requires 8GB of RAM and your machine has exactly 8GB of RAM, there may not be enough RAM left to run WeMod alongside the game, unless you close all other unnecessary background processes that are using up system resources).

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The game crashes.
Nope, just exits.
Win 10.
Yes, 32GB, Ryzen 5800x, 3080.
I’ve gone through disabling windows defender at the registry level.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: My Steam Games Are Crashing

A post was merged into an existing topic: Way of the Hunter Cheats and Trainer for Steam