Wemod cheat not working tired everything and have no answer how to fix

Im suddenly having problems with wemod, i’ve been playing a few games on wemod and all the cheats have no problem working until now.

Tormented Souls - The Unlimited Health was working perfectly until later this evening. Ive been playing with this cheat for a couple of days with no problems with it. Until suddenly I just died with the unlimited health on which never happened to me before i have not died once with this cheat on no matter how many times i was hit. But now this Unlimited Health cheat doesn’t seem to work and I just keep on dying. The infinite health stays on it doesn’t switch off but it seems not to be working even when the Infinite Health is turned ON. It is just this one cheat that doesn’t seem to work but all the other cheats works perfectly fine.

And now with the wemod cheats i tired on two games and when ever i click a cheat to off, the cheat seems to still be working even through that cheat is turned off. This just happened and never happened to me before. When ever i turned a cheat off it didnt work until i turn it on. But now if i turn a cheat to off the cheat still works eg: infinite ammo still is infinite even after turning it off.

I have no idea what is happening and really would appreciate if anyone can help me. I have no anti-virus and when i did the cheats still worked and i had windows defender turned on and never had this problem before up till now. I did a full reset of my laptop (choose to keep all files but did a full windows reformat reset) and the problem is still happening.

All games brought from Steam.

Hello! :slight_smile:

This is not uncommon in some games. There are things known as “scripted events” hard-coded in some games which unavoidably have to happen as soon as the scripted event is triggered. For example, falling from a certain height in some games will trigger an instant death script to kill the player (probably before they even hit the ground sometimes), even with health cheats on, because the developers coded their game to work that way. Another example is getting hit by certain boss attacks in some games will trigger an instant scripted death, because the whole point of the battle is to dodge them.
Since scripted events are hard-coded into the game there’s nothing WeMod can do about them.

There could also be something on your PC preventing the cheat from injecting correctly. There’s a link a bit further down this post to help with that.

This also happens in some games though it is much, much rarer. It’s due to the way the game is coded by its developers, which again WeMod has no control over. It’s possible you may be able to resolve this from editing certain .txt documents in the game folder, though I don’t recommend doing this unless you really know what you’re doing, otherwise you’d probably cause corruption to the game save.
What’s this other game you’re referring to?

Windows Defender is an antivirus. Antiviruses are picky things. They might be okay with something one day, then randomly decide next week that they don’t like it anymore. Because of the way trainers work (injecting code into your PC’s RAM), it’s not unusual for antiviruses to mistake game trainers for an attack and delete important parts of the software files.

Follow these instructions here: "Wemod failed loading the cheats into your game" / "We’re having trouble downloading the cheats" - #2 by Ravenfyre.

Another thing to check is to make sure your PC is updated to the latest version of Windows. We’ve had people who haven’t realised their PCs are about 4 or so years out of date because they turned off automatic updates and forgot to check for new ones.

1 Like

thanks so much for your help. I think maybe its just how the games affect with wemod, as i have tired everything now. I have turned of windows defender and anti virus and the problem still happens, i have updated to the latest windows update and have tried everything but it still happens. On my windows defender on ‘allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall’ it dosen’t list wemod on the list of programs and cant find it anywhere on the list to tick it.