WeMod is causing all my Bluetooth devices to disconnect in-game

Starting today, I have noticed that my Bluetooth devices have begun disconnecting after about 5 minutes in-game be it at the main menu or actually playing; keyboard, mouse, controller and speaker.

This only occurs when loading the mods/game through WeMod before playing, not after my game has started, and does so with every game I play. The issue does not occur without WeMod nor with a non-WeMod trainer.

Bluetooth Drivers are up to date,

EDIT: Ok uninstalling and re-installing WeMod seems to have done the trick. However, I would still like some help as to why this happened in the first place. Been using WeMod for quite some time and never dealt with this.

Any solution(s)?

Hello! :wave::smile:

A curious and very strange case indeed. In my time spent here at WeMod I’ve never heard of the other millions of active users here getting this issue. It’s rather exciting actually, getting a support case I’ve never dealt with in this particular community before. :joy:

WeMod & Memory
Knowing a bit about how WeMod works, I’m personally struggling to see how WeMod can affect Bluetooth devices, since all it basically does is inject code into a game’s memory addresses in your PC’s RAM. However, something obviously happened.

Bluetooth’s memory usage is so small and insignificant (normally) that I’m doubtful it was a case of not having enough available RAM on the PC so that WeMod was fighting Bluetooth over it. Unless there was a RAM guzzler in the background at the time, like the known Windows bug where the “System Interrupts” background process suddenly jumps to 100% memory use, requiring a PC restart to fix.

Power Settings
Another possibility that springs to mind is your PC’s power settings. Depending on these settings, your PC will turn off external devices to save power. On an old PC (without WeMod on it) I had an issue on an old gaming mouse where it kept randomly turning itself off, even if just for a brief second (which is all it takes to mean the difference between life and death in PvP matches, as you probably know, lol). The issue I found was my PC’s power settings, once I made a tweak to that it never happened again.

Give this a go:

• Search for Device Manager using your PC’s search tool and select the result.
  • Look for “Bluetooth” in the list and expand it.
  • Right-click your Bluetooth device in the list. Select “Properties”.
  • Click the Power Management tab, then deselect the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option. Then apply.

And while you’re in the device manager, we might as well double check to make sure there aren’t any pending driver updates too. Right-click your Bluetooth device again and choose “Update Driver” to check if there are any updates pending for it.

Starting / Restarting Bluetooth
One other thing to double-check if it happens again, is if your Bluetooth service is set to start automatically. And to restart it if it already is.

1. Press WIN+R to open the Run tool.
  2. Type services.msc and press enter.
  3. Search the list for “Bluetooth Support Service”.
  4. If the service isn’t running, right-click it and choose “Start”. If it is already running, right-click it and choose “Restart”.
  5. Right-click it again, then choose “Properties”.
  6. Under the General tab, choose “Automatic” from the drop-down list under the “Startup Type” option. Then apply.

Hopefully it never occurs again, because it does sound annoying. And again, it is a curiously strange issue, and one I honestly cannot see WeMod alone being the cause of, as it doesn’t go anywhere near hardware external devices - just your RAM.

I’ll also tag WeMod’s super awesome senior developer (and co-founder) @frank as well, just in case he has some other ideas. Hopefully he won’t confiscate my tea for tagging him. :laughing:

Have a great weekend! :tea:

I did deselect “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”, but to no avail.

All my drivers are up to date so it’s not that either.

But as I said in my edit, uninstalling and re-installing seemed to fix things. I couldn’t even reconnect during the problem. I had to force shut off my PC because I literally couldn’t press or select anything.

If this issue returns I’ll be sure to try restarting the Bluetooth service and loop you in if it doesn’t work.

Given your explanation, it definitely is very strange if WeMod is the problem, but I have not done anything differently prior. My BT devices have never once disconnected, I haven’t installed any unusual apps that might interfere, and I’ve been gaming with WeMod for like a year plus with no similar issues. Like I also said, no problems arose with a non-WeMod trainer.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!