WeMod Remote iOS app asks for pin *every* time I use it - why?

I had no troubles for months after signing up for a Pro account and using the WeMod Remote app on iOS, but for the past couple of weeks the app asks me to sign in using the pin obtained from the desktop program every single time I open it. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but an annoying inconvenience that I didn’t have to put up with before and I don’t see why I should. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? I’ve tried quite a few of the usual ‘troubleshooting dances’ and nothing makes any difference.

Hello and welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

This is a curious issue. I have been using the WeMod Remote for some time on iOS devices, including today on an iPad Pro, and have never experienced this.

I would hazard a guess that this is something related to the device cache or storage. For example, perhaps your cache is full or perhaps you have too many apps open in the background using the device’s resources.

1. Restart the device. Launch WeMod again and see if it resolves the issue.

2. Clear the app’s cache: Delete the WeMod Remote app from your device. Re-install it and see if the issue is resolved.

3. Clear the device’s cache: Go to Settings. Scroll down to “Safari” & select it. Tap “Clear History and Website Data”. See if the issue is resolved.

Hi there,
Are you force-closing the app? I’m not experiencing the same issue unless I force close the app.

This is happening to me as well. It only happens when I force close the app. It never used to log me out before. I will say, that I recently re-installed the app because it wouldn’t launch.

I have the EXACT same issue, had to reinstall because it wouldn’t launch and now I have to enter a pin every time and it’s really frustrating, kinda defeats the purpose of having the remote app having to back onto the window to sign in lol

EDIT: they have released an update on the App Store today fixing this exact issue :joy:

Oh, perfect! Thanks for the heads up!