Wemod/Steam Deck Issues

Ok, so i’ve used Wemod many times. Recently got a steam deck. Put windows 11 on it, and everything has been going fine. Well i finally decided to put wemod on it through windows. Thats when the issues started.

The app kept freezing at the “Loading Mods” after pressing play. Wouldnt start the game or load the mods. Ended up freezing my steam deck and forced it to shut down and reboot. Tried it again, and it finally worked. I used it for Re4 remake.

While playing the game, the mods work, but im getting serious performance issues to the point the game lags so much i cant play it. Then when i try to shut the game down and retry it gets stuck at the same issue as before, “Loading Mods” then never opens the game. Been doing that since last night. Finally tried it again today and finally got it to work, but still performance issues and lagging.

As per steps i took to resolve it.

I tried giving access to windows defender.
I tried deleting wemod, and reinstalling.
I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling.
I tried the .net download just to be sure, nothing.
I restarted the device many times, still issues.
I tried running the game without wemod, no issues.
I tried looking at other posts and using their resolved methods, didnt work.
I tried using other games, same issues.
I even went to my gaming laptop, used wemod on said game, and it worked like a charm.

So the only thing i can come up with is something to do with the steam deck and wemod. Because as i said, i can run RE4 remake in windows on steam deck and have no performance issues. But when i am able to get wemod to work on said steam deck and game, it causes performance issues. So something to do with Wemod and Steam deck for sure. Because my gaming laptop has no issues running wemod and re4 remake at the same time. Both my gaming laptop and steam deck are running windows 11, and have been fully updated.

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.

Have you tried this?

I have come across that. If i couldnt get any help with the windows issue then i was going to try that for steam os. But yea. Im going to try it tonight and see if i can get it to work.

1 Like

There is also a video that’s a bit easier to follow

Though in much better news an installer is being developed, I’m helping to test it out, it definitely feels almost ready, just keeps messing up on the DotNet install right now.

It’s still pretty early in development, but if you want to check it out open the Konsole and type, git clone https://github. com/DaniAsh551/wemod-launcher.git -b ‘feat/automated’ it kept trying to rename it as the name lf the page so remove the space between dot and com then put WEMOD_LOG=/home/deck/wemod launcher/wemod.log /home/deck/wemod-launcher/wemod %command% in the launch options for the game you want it on. Set Proton to GE 7-38 and then click play.