Wemod we're having trouble loading cheats

I’ve had WeMod for a while now, and it has been nothing but great, until I tried to play Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Steam Edition). Every time I try to load the game with the cheats, it says “We’re having trouble loading the cheats into your game.” I tried re-installing WeMod andwhitelisting it on my firewall (I have McAfee), and now I am completely at a loss as to what to do.

Hi @MaulTCat. Welcome to the Community

I have experienced this problem myself. But mine was through Uplay itself and it was trying to play a Uplay+ Version of the game.

Have you Loaded the game first and then started Wemod? Sometimes it works one way and not the other.

If this Still fails, You can find the Games .EXE and tell Wemod to load directly with that.

(Using the power of my mind to merge this post with the Thread!)

I tried everything you suggested, and I’m still getting the error message.

Welcome to WeMod. :slight_smile:

Legit purchased Steam edition or illegal cracked Steam edition?
The last one is unsupported.

:+1: If your copy is legitimate, carry on reading.
:pirate_flag: If it is illegitimate, abandon all hope.

First of all, make sure you are using the most recent trainer. We have two Steam trainers for this game, one made by STN and one made by MrAntiFun. Since STN is retired from WeMod to focus on his studies, his trainer is likely outdated, so you need to use MrAntiFun’s Steam trainer.

1. Click the down arrow, which is next to the Play button in WeMod.

2. A panel will open. Locate the executable of the game on your PC and link it to this panel.

• By default, legit Steam games are located:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GAME_NAME
  • The shortcut on your desktop is not the executable. It is a stand-alone launcher. Do not link this to WeMod.
  1. Now launch the game first via Steam launcher. Wait until you are on the main menu.

2. Alt+Tab to WeMod. Press Play. Then Alt+tab back to the game.

Under the Play button is another button that says “History”. Click this and make sure the most recent trainer is selected.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Cheats and Trainer for Steam