Windows 10 Release?

So, I noticed a new icon on my computer that looked like the Windows 8 home button which was odd because I’m running windows 7. Apparently Windows 10 is being released soon? Has anyone have any idea of the actual release date yet?

According to Newegg looks like August 31st of this year. They accidentally put up the price and date, they’ve since taken it down.
It’ll be free for those who have a legit copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 and so will every future release of Windows. Meaning in 20 years when Windows 45 is out, you’ll still get it free. They’re using Apple’s OS model of free updates for life.

It’ll be $109.00 though for those who don’t have an OS to upgrade. The Windows 10 preview is out to the public right now if you wanna try it out.

July 29th for Windows 10.

Windows 10 will be free for anyone right now with any copy of Windows 7/8 even if it’s bootleg.

yup just got the message to reserve my copy for free…will get notified when download will be ready to install

I Also got this & don’t plan on getting windows 10 at all. Unless we get forced to leave windows 7 behind & go to windows 10, I Wish i could get rid of the icon at the bottom tho. It’s a pain having it there all this time when i really don’t care for it.

Is it worth upgrading from 8.1 to 10? I have done zero research on 10

From the demos I’ve seen of Windows 10 it’s much more appealing to the eye than Windows 8/8.1 and looks more like Windows 7 with Windows 8 features are integrated.

For some reason I don’t have the icon, and I’m running Windows 8

I would I’m on 8.1 atm as well. Although I always keep my computer up to date.

Oh they fixed it? Last year when they were discussing the role out model for future Windows releases they said you would go to Micosoft Windows’ site and enter your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key and it would direct you to a download and a new key.

Go to the Windows Store and click ‘Updates’ in the corner somewhere and update your Windows to Windows 8.1. This gives you a start icon. 8.1 has other features and support items you should really have by now.

I have 10 running on my Macbook and its not bad. I like it.

Probably gonna wait a off to see if there’s any bugs. It’s like buying a toy for my child, i’m going to let other parents give their child the toy first. They’re giving the free upgrade for a whole year.