Wow 8 years later

HELLO everyone new and old!! Where are all the OG members now? Kinda sad seeing how much this website changed.

5 Likes

i have only 2 years old so im kinda the millenial generation of the site, i seen some OGs around, but most heat happens in the discord chat todays

2 Likes

I remember you. Most of the OG members have probably been doing similar things to what you’ve been up to or started families or careers. I haven’t seen Hero on here in years. G-Eazy now known as @Ace_Ryder pops in every so often. There are a lot of cool new members here these days. The site change wasn’t all that bad while being an active member, but I can see how it’s kind of a shock when returning after being away for so long. Get active again if you got the time. Peace.

3 Likes

Welcome back. Actually i joined here 2012 but was never active till almost 2 years ago i think alot of the older members that were active were 360 players and when it died they faded away too i was a 360 nut too but then i hopped over to pc for the trainers from infinity . Like mr.wonder said lotta old members pop on every so often

1 Like

dang bro lol i remember you too! Yeah i will deff try to be active on here again!

1 Like

:wave:

Most OG people have grown out of gaming and such. Occasionally someone like Cody will stop by but generally we only see them once then they leave.

3 Likes

Welcome back… We’ve had a few OG Old Timers come back recently. Good to see more come back.

3 Likes

Hey man! Glad you decided to stop by again.

3 Likes

i joined the forum here on Jul 9, '13 but never was really active till the last few years and i had been using horizon for a very long time before i even joined the forums, then a couple years ago i moved to primarily playing PC games so i havent used horizon much anymore

2 Likes

My guy chris lol all the good times when you use to be a mod:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha ya and still dont do anything hahaha good times.

2 Likes

OG idiot reporting for dooty. I remember you. Things change, people move on, new people come. I’ll always miss the old community, but happy the site is still going strong. The other sites during the modding boom have either died or are hanging on like a dingleberry because they failed to evolve like this one.

5 Likes

kinda strange so many OG are appearing in this time , imaright? is like fate or something

oshid your name sounds familiar. did we flame each other several years ago or something lmao (old name was MrMarooca)?

1 Like

lmfao I think we did. I use to have the name Blizzard too

Agreed. I don’t know what influenced me to try and come back but here I am checking up on the site every few days. Like myself, I figured most of the other originals have outgrown community-based gaming and lack the time to remain active on a forum. It is so hard to believe it has already been 8 years :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

@Derrick_Rose as my father always told me, “The only thing that is constant is change”. Though some may have grown out of gaming with the advent of marriage and family, some of us never do. Though I’ve been divorced for years, I was married for ten, and even used to game with my wife back then.

Since then, much has changed, I’ve had my share of relationships, even raised two boys as a stepfather. All the while, I still enjoyed gaming as time permitted. Almost two years ago, after deciding being single was in my best interest long-term, I agreed to return to my home town to care for my elderly father (now 87). After my mom died four years ago, he’s had difficulty keeping up with the house. In the hospice, I promised her I would would stand by his side when he needed me, and I knew that time had come.

He is a prideful man, and wants to retain his independence as long as he can. With me here, he is able to do so, as well as see a reflection of the wife he once has, as I have many of her traits. I handle quite a bit of work around the house, including DIY repair, and the tasks he has difficulty with. Regardless, in my free time, I still game, as I always have. If anything, gaming is more of a recreation/diversion than ever as it is not an easy task to care for and elderly parent, both physically and emotionally.

Obviously, I don’t have an abundance of “free time”, and at 45 my reflexes aren’t what they used to be. Gaming to me is a recreation, not a competition, so WeMod and the associated community have truly been a great thing for me. Though things may have changed from what they were, and some may have left, I think you will find a wonderful community, as I know I have.

There will always be those who come and go, but those who remain. I will be one of those who remain, as I enjoy gaming, but without the time and skill I once had, I rely on WeMod to augment my gaming experience to something more my style and speed. I’ve worked with computers since I was 8, and gaming since I was 13. I’ve also been a software engineer for over 22 years, so I don’t see myself going anywhere.

My father’s recreation is reading, mine is gaming. When he’s reading and doesn’t need my help, I’m using gaming when I’m not working on a “home project”. I welcome your return, and though I cannot speak for the past, I can certainly say it is a very kind and considerate community. If you are on Steam, you can find me by the same name, so feel free to befriend me (just let me know who you are). I’m usually “invisible” or in-game, but I will respond to messages.

4 Likes

Welcome Back

iv been part of this community since 2010 but haven’t been that active on the forums much due to life XD (got to love having a job) but im starting to slowly getting back into things slowly when i can

so welcome back hope you will enjoy the changes the guys have made.

2 Likes

Still here hoss

1 Like

@SteveWonda @Derrick_Rose @Chris @Zach I’m gonna bump the ■■■■ out of this by saying what’s up! Good to see you guys are still going strong. When I first joined (back in the XboxMB days) I think I was 14 or 15? 24 years old now, working IT and living in Detroit. Hope you fellas are doing well.

Edit: when I was active on here I used to get insanely pissed at people for bumping, so apologies in advance. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes