Xbox 360 Tutorials

Just some tutorials/facts I decided to whip up/gather :smiley:

Modding Gamesaves:

Open Me

By the way, I don’t have any games on Horizons gamesave list :confused: did this blindly.

GameSave Modding:

First you want to make sure to have these tools:

Horizon: XboxMB - Xbox Message Boards - Horizon
Xport 360: XPort 360.zip

Also make sure you have:
Transfer Cable/USB

Once downloaded you want to setup Xport 360:

Hit The next button for all of them and then hit install:

Once done, go to “Partition 3”

Go to "Content(User Profiles, saves, etc.)

Find your profile. To find it click on each one and the one with the most games is most likely your main account.

Go to the game you want to mod.
So say you want to mod Alan Wake: You will click Alan Wake. The game is located under the profile like in the picture above. Click on the game and find the “Savegame” file. Extract the Savegame file to your desktop. You can do this by dragging and dropping the file from Xport 360 to your computer.

Once on your desktop, open up Horizon.

We are using Alan Wake as an example. Find the Alan Wake tool. It should be the first one.

Click on it and a big box should appear and it should look like this:

Hit the button “Open” and find the savegame that you extracted to your desktop earlier. Click on it and hit open. All your game info should appear. Mod the statistics to what you would like and hit “Save”

It will save and it will also automatically rehash and resign.
Now go back to Xport 360. Go back to where it says your Alan Wake savegame. Take the savegame(now modded) on your desktop and drag it into the other savegame in export. Replace them. Close it out, plug your HDD back into your xbox and enjoy.

How to Flash DVD Drive(Creds to CULT)

Open Me

Important: you can break, fudge, kill or maim a perfectly good Xbox 360 if you are not careful so I warn you in advance don’t complain or cry to me it you make a mistake, the steps I will describe worked for me and countless others, proceed with caution and make sure you fully understand the process before attempting it.

NOTE: this firmware modification will only allow you to boot Back-ups, no other programs or emulators can be installed using this firmware modification
First lets check which DVD-drive your Xbox 360 contains, eject the drive tray and compare against the photo below to determine which DVD-drive you have. Compare the circled areas against your drive to determine which model you drive is and proceed accordingly. The Phillips DVD-drive has just been identified (June 28-06) so no firmware is available for this type of DVD-drive yet

Tools and Items you will require:
1.Knowledge of which DVD-drive your Xbox 360 contains (see above photo)
2.Extreme firmware for the drive you will be flashing (see the section below)
3.Torx 7,10 and 12 screwdrivers to open the Xbox 360
4.A PC with a suitable SATA chipset (click Here to check known compatibility)
Get the right files

All of the files you require are available from one site but a free registration is required to access the downloads section please visit them and register before clicking on the following links or access to the files will be denied click Here to register the link will take you to eurasia.nu registration screen. Important All the files you will download use a compression called ‘.rar’ so you will need a tool called Winrar to decompress the files it can be downloaded from Here.
•Hitachi DVD-drives
Xtreme Firmware Hitachi 4in1 which supports
Hitachi 36, 46D, 47D and 59 DVD drives and the Flasher tool for Windows is included.
Click Here to download from eurasia.nu
•Samsung DVD-drives
Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 DVD drive and the Flasher tool for DOS included.
You’ll also need the FreeDOS boot floppy which can be found Here
•Phillips DVD-drives
No Firmware is available yet
Removal of the DVD-drive from the Xbox 360

You’ll need to crack the Xbox 360’s case in order to get access to the SATA cables connected to your DVD-drive if you need instructions on opening the Xbox 360 click Here
Three methods of getting the DVD-drive recognized by your PC

We need to tell the DVD-drive to enter a mode known as ‘Mode B’ or the PC will not be able to see the drive and we need the PC to see it before we can do any firmware updates. Three methods are available to accomplish the task, choose your method and read how it’s done.
1.Slax CD if your SATA chipset is compatible (click Here to check known compatibility)
Click Here for instructions
2.Crossed Wires Method requires adding some wires to the DVD-drive
3.Xecuter Connectivity Kit needs to be purchased for around $30 online

Modding Profile

Open Me

Before you sart you will need:

Transfer Cable

HDD:

These Programs:

Once you downloaded Xport360, it should be on your desktop. Set it up and open.

Find your profile. To find it click on each one and the one with the most games is most likely your main account.

Once at your profile, instead of going to a game like you did in gamesave modding, go to dashboard data

Click on it and the numbers “00010000”

Double click it and you should get a bunch of numbers and letters, that is your profile data.

Drag and Drop onto your desktop. Once you have done that go to Horizon, go to the profile mods tab and a bunch of different profile mod option should come up.

I will be using the Avatar Color Editor as an example. So what I will need to do is click on that option…

Once I click on that, it should look like this,

From here, this is what you have to do:

1. Hit open and open the profile on your desktop
  2. Mod the profile to whatever you want
  3. Hit save(it will automatically rehash and resign)
  4. Go back to Xport 360
  5. Go to your profile again
  6. Drag and drop the modded profile on your desktop into your regular profile in Xport
  7. It should give you the option to “Replace All” click that.
  8. Put your HDD back into your xbox sign in and enjoy.

Adding XeX Menu and Iso’s to jtag:

Open Me

Step1: download C0DE9999 or xex menu onto your computer

Step2: open you hdd with a usb or transfer cable

step3: Go to content and click the 0000000… file

Step4: drag and drop the C0DE9999 file into the 00000000000 file

Step 5: Now you have xex menu and can download mw2 files to your jtag

Step 6: once downloaded if you use the 7 parts too the iso right click on part one and press extract then to desktop

Step 6: once extracted open the iso in wx360 and press extract all files

Step7: go to deany95.com/shares and get a code post for mw2 and default_mp.xex and a patch

Step 8: drag those into the mw2 iso

Step 9 : make a new folder on your hdd called Games

Step10: insert the iso into that folder

Step11:go onto your jtag and play xex menu (found in game library)

Step12: hit right bumper and go down to your games folder hit mw2 iso look for default xex and play it

step13: go into split screen and enjoy hope this helps

If you have a working disc drive then here

step 5: put disc into your jtag

step6: press y and hit copy disc

step7: wait for disc to finish

step 8: once finished take out hdd and hook it up to your comp

step 9: put the code post patch and default_mp.xex into the iso make sure you copy disc into the games folder though its easier.

to copy into games folder before doing step6 add a games folder to hdd play xex menu press rb open the games folder then press y and do steps 6-9 then enjoy

Transfer Cable Facts:

Open Me
  1. A transfer cable is an item created by Microsoft to move content from one HDD to another HDD.
  2. you DO NOT need a transfer cable to HDD mod. (an after market cable or sata to usb or directly connect your HDD to your PC though sata would work)
  3. Microsoft NO LONGER give transfer cable for free. (at least there not supposed too)

What is the price of a Transfer Cable? Usually around $5-$15 not expensive.

Do you suggest i use this type of modding? Yes, if you are just starting out it is a cheap and easy way to learn to mod.

What programs can I use? Only the basic mod programs.

Horizon: What cant it do, it has a halo reach mod tool,other game mod tool,avatar modder,gamerscore modder and even more

Where can I get one? Best Buy or Ebay(Places like that)

Risk to geting banned for modding with Horizon:

Open Me

All types of modding you have a risk to getting banned. From Avatar modding- GPD modding you can still get caught.

Scale from 1-10 about possible bans.
1 being least chance 10 being the most.

Gamerscore modding- (2) Slim to no chance of being banned(make sure to only mod it offline)
If you get caught and reset do not try it on the same account again. There have been reports that the second time of modding gamerscore after you were caught the first time, you will get banned.

Gamesave modding(including GPD’s)- (5) I gave it a 5 because although campaign and offline gamesave modding will barely be caught, GPD modding online will result in instant ban from black ops/ possibly xbl.

Avatar Color Modding- (4) Out of most transfer cable/usb modding, this is one of the most dangerous. I have gotten banned permanently for this and it is possible you can too. When modding your avatar color really the only thing to keep a lot of attention from users is to not use a picture of it in your gamer picture. Many people can look at your gamercard and see it and report you for it.

Game adder/avatar unlocker- (3) Again do not abuse this tool. A few games added and a few awards unlocked will possibly be fine(still a possible ban/suspension) but you usually won’t get caught. However, if you abuse the tool and add about 400 games aand unlock every item you can, you have a bigger risk of getting caught then if you don’t. I suggest using this tool wisely and don’t unlock too much.

Diamond Payments- We know that the 1 month payment is not on paypal. If you want to buy a one month and do not have a credit card on yourpaypal account, I suggest either to Pm Cheater912 and see if you can work something out. Or wait to have enough money to buy a 3 month(recommended). Do not post threads that the paypal option is not available without a credit card because we already know this.

Corrupt Profile- If you have this it usually means you have not saved your modded profile(saving= auto rehash and resign) to get your old non-corrupt profile, simply delete your corrupted one of your hard drive and recover it back. If a solution to a corrupt save is not found by the public then send the file to one of developers.

Modding Sensativity(Old tutorial)

Open Me

Things you need.

1. transfer cable
  2. Horizon
  3. hex editor

How to mod it.

1. plug your harddrive in and open Horizon.

2. load your storage device.

3. find your profile drag to the desktop

4. drag your profile to Horizon

5. click contents and extract GPD 41560817

6. next drag that GPD to hex editor

7. click find and click all and type SEMV

8. click F3 til you find button layout

9. edit where the @ symbol which should be 40

10. save it and inject file back into GPD on your account

11. rehash and resign then drag profile back and your done

Hex | Sensitivity
40 = 10
41 = 11
42 = 12
43 = 13
44 = 14
45 = 15
46 = 16
47 = 17
48 = 18
49 = 19
4A = Headbang Mode
7F = No Recoil / Disabled Right Thumbstick
Any higher values will most likely do headbang mode or just disable your right thumbstick :confused:

<3

Home made Turtle Beach

Open Me

This is so simple i cannot believe people spend those outrageous prices on turtle beech headsets. I heard 250 dollars!

What you will need depends on what you already have, as there are several ways you can do this.

Plug n Play Method
Check your T.V for a headphone jack. and simply plug in your head phones to that. A few adjustments to the tv volume and in game sound, and you wont be defend by harriers and you can still talk to your mates. Of course u need your own standard headphones.

Adapter Method (Not recommended but cheaper than third way)
Go to an electronics store and purchase two adapters. The first being a 3.5mm socket female - female (the headphone jacks on either side) the second adapter is a Dual Rca PLUG (FEMALE) to a 3.5mm plug (male)
To connect it simply take the two Audio cables directly from your xbox and plug into the RCA adapter, then plug that adapter into the 3.5mm adapter and your headphones into that.
The drawback to this method is you have no volume control and you are stuck with the volume that the xbox puts out as standard.

Custom Methods (ONLY IF FIRST FAILS and you dont like SECOND)
This method is a bit more complicated, but its still a fraction of the price of turtle beeches. You may need a soldering iron depending on what you yourself can find.
DVD players, stereos and vcrs sometimes have volume knobs on them, as well as headphone jacks. Sometimes its simple just plug your headphones (AND YOUR XBOX) there instead of the tv or adapters. Look around your house and ask friends to try and get one before going out and buying. If you cant do that and dont wanna buy one (dvd players are expensive where im at) you can purchase a “In Line Volume Controller” or something similar from a electronics store. Essentially it is the same as the afore-mentioned adapter method, but with a volume knob on it. Some soldering may be required and basic electronics knowledge. If u can JTAG, you can do this. All you should have to solder to the “In Line Volume Controller” is the RCA port to plug your audio into. They usually have the volume knob already, and the headphone jack. It will have the RCA Screw pins inside, which you will need to attach to some RCA plugs

Flash Disc Drive with Laptop

Open Me

Confirmed to work with All Drives.

You will need to buy an PCMIA VIA card with VIA VT6421 Chipset to do this.

I recommend buying this one: China wholesale product -china wholesale products, since it is cheap (only $9.81 +tax/shipping ) Make sure you have an PCMIA slot, not a express card slot before buying this

Here are the drivers you will need to install the VIA Card:

http://rapidshare.com/files/30116143...raid_v530c.zip

I do not recommend installing the files on the disc included, so install the drivers i have posted.

Now you will need to install Port I/O:

Port I/O Files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/28713893...al_install.rar

1. Open the Control Panel.

2. Open the “Add Hardware” wizard. If you are using Windows XP’s default “Category View” for the Control Panel, this is done by clicking on “Printers and Other Hardware” and under “See Also” on the left, click “Add Hardware”.

3. The wizard typically displays a screen explaining what it is used for. Click Next to continue.

4. The wizard may automatically scan for new hardware. The scanning will not detect anything related to PortIO32.

5. You may be asked “Have you already connected this hardware to your computer?” Regardless of whether you have installed any cards yet, click Yes.

6. You will be shown a list of the hardware already installed in your computer. Scroll all the way down and select “Add a new hardware device”

7. You will be asked whether Windows should search for the new hardware. Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list”

8. A list of hardware categories will be shown. Select “Show All Devices” (On some versions of Windows this may be called “Other”)

9. Click the “Have Disk” button and point Windows to the “windriver” directory of the PortIO32 distribution.

10. A list of drivers found in the directory you specified will be shown. Select the “PortIO32 Xbox 360 Device Driver” item and click Next.

11. Click Next again to “start installing your new hardware.”

12. The files will be copied and installed. Click Finish to complete. You do not need to restart your computer.

Now all the hardware is installed!!

Now to flash the drive you can use any tut that you want to use.

I recommend using JungleFlasher to flash your drives.

How to mod Call of Duty

Open Me

1). After you have Copied any Call of Duty Game on your HDD (Burned) Browse through it and Find Patch_Mp.ff, Default_Mp.xex, Code_Post_Gfx_Mp.ff, And it’s Title Update.

2). After you have found all of those go on the Internet and Find which one you want to be modded (Preferably the Default_Mp.xex).

3). After you have found your modded Default_Mp.xex you’ll need to find the newest Title Update for your Game.

4). After you have found both of those place them on a USB and plug them into your Jtag

5). Launch Xex Menu and replace your old Default_Mp.xex and Title Update (TU) with your new one on your USB.

(Hit “RB” Browse through your USB and copy them using “Y” Then place it in your HDD where your old one was. Repeat with any other files)

6). After your done with that Launch your Default_Mp.xex and go into System Link or Split Screen and test them out.

Adding Emulator’s to your Jtag

Open Me

Start off by extracting the first .rar. There should be 3 folders. _Emus, emulators and Emus. Go into the emulators folder

And delete Fsd2config.xml.

Step 2

Plug your external hard drive into your computer and copy and paste the 3 folders (Link 1), PSX folders and the DsOn360 0.2 folders onto the root of it.

Step 3

Now that youve got those files set up and configured, you need to add the actual emulator part of the set up.

That’s the second dl link.

GenesisPlus360 (Comes in a file called FFED0707)
SNES360 (Comes in a file called FFED7300)
MAME360 for retail dash (Stand Up Arcade)

The SNES and Genesis folders need to go in the 360 stock hdd. The hdd can be accessed in the custom Dashboards

(XEXmenu or FreestyleDash). The files go to (Hdd1:/content/0000000000000000/"They go here).

The MAME360 folder will also go in the xbox hdd but in the (content/0000000000000000/CODE0006/00080000/here).

Now they will show up in the NXE Dashboard and you can boot straight from there.

Step 4

Plug the external hard drive back into your jtag. Boot it up and go to Xex Menu.

Step 5

Go to the emulators folder, and look for the xex of the emulator you want. Then pick the rom you want and play.

These download’s are of Emulators. But they’re in one big file

Code:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Code:

PSX -
Code:
DsOn360 -
Code:

Recovering Banned Accounts

Open Me

Okay so first off, i’m not sure if this is working anymore as I do not have an Xbox atm. But I thought i’d share this with you guys since the ‘Un-ban’ Method is out. I also do not know if that fully works but here we go. I also do NOT care if you know this, thank you.

Ease of tutorial- 2/10
Length of tutorial- 3-4/10 (10-15mins)

Requirements
Preferably USB (Can be Hard-Drive)
Modio
Internet Connection
Requirments

*First of all make sure that any remains of the profile are gone. (Corruption, Unfinished ect…)

1.Sign out of all profiles and go to the Xbox Recovery Tool, put in your e-mail and everything like normal… NOW WAIT… Do NOT press Accept Terms and read a-head to step 2 before moving on.

1. When you are at the Accept Terms screen be ready, this is how I did it and it worked for me, When you press it you should see the first downloading screen to download the actual profile. Now when it gets to the second downloading screen, before it says ‘Xbox Live Service Is Not Unavailable At This Time’ Remove your USB Stick (or Hard-Drive) or you can turn your Xbox 360 off.

2. Turn your Xbox 360 back on to make sure the profile that you tried to recover is there. If it’s not you might have to go back and do steps one and two over again. So when you connect your Xbox 360 to the computer, it should be their. Extract your profile’s file to your desktop and move onto step 4.

3. So now, open Modio up and go down to the Account Tool (It may not be on the Beta Version) and load your profile into the tool and extract the Account file to your desktop. Now, Decrypt the Account file and (there should be a ‘Status’ scroll down, or something similar to that, it should already be on 'Not Finished recovering) click on ‘Xbox Live’. Than Encrypt it and inject the Modded Account file into the profile loaded.

4. Everything should have worked, so turn on your Xbox 360 and go to System/Memory/(Where your Account is located) So now you should be ready to un-ban your account! Good luck with this. Please read below for Liability Terms.

Featured tuts from other people:

Open Me

How to play any XNA Game from LX3krypticx: XboxMB - Xbox Message Boards - View Profile: lx3krypticx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX6WjT9kBYY&lc=qFeNSou5OJBiKD8bs3YnhU9mH_g2CymFZk2DFEzcS7w&feature=inbox

Using the Device Explorer

[details=Open Me]
General Start point

Step 1:
Open Horizon

Step 2:

Step 3:
Once logged in go to the Device Explorer found under the “Tools” section

Step 4:
Click on your HDD

Remember to make sure your device is connected to your computer before you start, if not connected you will see this :

Step 5:
If your modding one of your games, hit the games tab:

If your modding your profile hit the profile tab:

----------

Game Modding

Step 1:
Hit the “Games” button on the device explorer

Step 2:
Open the game you want to mod
It will give you a choice of modding things on regular games, Indie games and your Xbox 360 Dashboard.

Step 3: How to open your Indie Game and Xbox 360 Dashboard list

First I will show you how to open the list of the Indie games and Xbox 360 Dashboard

Here is what the games tab should look like when opened.

Now this is what you need to hit to open the list of your Indie Games:

This button is found to the left of where it says Indie Games and Xbox 360 Dashboard.

Once hit the button should look like this:

And the list should now have the Indie Games list open:

Step 4: Extracting the Savegame

Click on the savegame you want to mod:

Once you do, this should come up:

Now to get it to your desktop hit Contents then hit Extract:

It gives you a choice, to extract checked(meaning you choose out of the files in the list what to extract) or to extract all(meaning extract all files in the list.

I will hit extract all and once I do this should happen:

Click wherever you want to extract it to, then hit Ok.

It should then say:

And you will see the savegame wherever you extracted it to,

Step 5: Modding and saving it

Once it’s on your desktop, go back to the game modders tab and open the mod tool that was made for the savegame,
for example Alan Wake:

Once you click the Alan Wake button it should then look like this:

Hit open and then open the savegame you extracted before:

Now using the tool, mod the states you would like and then hit save:

It should then automatically rehash and resign.

Now go back to the device explorer and find the savegame,

Right click and hit inject file:

Inject the modded savegame that is now on your desktop, unplug your HDD, play and have fun.[/details]

You trying to get another EPIC badge? >.<

Nice tutorial(s).

amazing post chillz !

+1

nice tuts yo if u get another epic badge give it to me

Chillz 4 Hoe!

BJ. Hhehehehehehhehehh

+1,
Another amazing post dude, keep it up :wink:

Very nice post.

very nice tutorials! thanks :smiley: +Thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

you fascinate me again chillz… i love you :wink: clicks thanks button

awsome tut man :smiley:

zrueda STICKY NAO!

Nice…

Very nice tutorial, Chillz. I can see you put a lot of hard work into this, like you do with the rest of your threads :wink:.

Nice thread, the risk of getting banned part will come in handy.

[QUOTE=Chillz;403284]Just some tutorials/facts I decided to whip up/gather :smiley:

Modding Gamesaves:

Open Me

By the way, I don’t have any games on Horizons gamesave list :confused: did this blindly.

GameSave Modding:

First you want to make sure to have these tools:

Also make sure you have:
Transfer Cable/USB

Once downloaded you want to setup Xport 360:

Go to the game you want to mod.
So say you want to mod Alan Wake: You will click Alan Wake. The game is located under the profile like in the picture above. Click on the game and find the “Savegame” file. Extract the Savegame file to your desktop. You can do this by dragging and dropping the file from Xport 360 to your computer.

Once on your desktop, open up Horizon.

We are using Alan Wake as an example. Find the Alan Wake tool. It should be the first one.

Click on it and a big box should appear and it should look like this:

Hit the button “Open” and find the savegame that you extracted to your desktop earlier. Click on it and hit open. All your game info should appear. Mod the statistics to what you would like and hit “Save”

It will save and it will also automatically rehash and resign.
Now go back to Xport 360. Go back to where it says your Alan Wake savegame. Take the savegame(now modded) on your desktop and drag it into the other savegame in export. Replace them. Close it out, plug your HDD back into your xbox and enjoy.

How to Flash DVD Drive(Creds to CULT)

Open Me

Important: you can break, fudge, kill or maim a perfectly good Xbox 360 if you are not careful so I warn you in advance don’t complain or cry to me it you make a mistake, the steps I will describe worked for me and countless others, proceed with caution and make sure you fully understand the process before attempting it.

NOTE: this firmware modification will only allow you to boot Back-ups, no other programs or emulators can be installed using this firmware modification
First lets check which DVD-drive your Xbox 360 contains, eject the drive tray and compare against the photo below to determine which DVD-drive you have. Compare the circled areas against your drive to determine which model you drive is and proceed accordingly. The Phillips DVD-drive has just been identified (June 28-06) so no firmware is available for this type of DVD-drive yet

Tools and Items you will require:
1.Knowledge of which DVD-drive your Xbox 360 contains (see above photo)
2.Extreme firmware for the drive you will be flashing (see the section below)
3.Torx 7,10 and 12 screwdrivers to open the Xbox 360
4.A PC with a suitable SATA chipset (click Here to check known compatibility)
Get the right files

All of the files you require are available from one site but a free registration is required to access the downloads section please visit them and register before clicking on the following links or access to the files will be denied click Here to register the link will take you to eurasia.nu registration screen. Important All the files you will download use a compression called ‘.rar’ so you will need a tool called Winrar to decompress the files it can be downloaded from Here.
•Hitachi DVD-drives
Xtreme Firmware Hitachi 4in1 which supports
Hitachi 36, 46D, 47D and 59 DVD drives and the Flasher tool for Windows is included.
•Samsung DVD-drives
Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 DVD drive and the Flasher tool for DOS included.
You’ll also need the FreeDOS boot floppy which can be found Here
•Phillips DVD-drives
No Firmware is available yet
Removal of the DVD-drive from the Xbox 360

You’ll need to crack the Xbox 360’s case in order to get access to the SATA cables connected to your DVD-drive if you need instructions on opening the Xbox 360 click Here
Three methods of getting the DVD-drive recognized by your PC

We need to tell the DVD-drive to enter a mode known as ‘Mode B’ or the PC will not be able to see the drive and we need the PC to see it before we can do any firmware updates. Three methods are available to accomplish the task, choose your method and read how it’s done.
1.Slax CD if your SATA chipset is compatible (click Here to check known compatibility)
2.Crossed Wires Method requires adding some wires to the DVD-drive
3.Xecuter Connectivity Kit needs to be purchased for around $30 online

Modding Profile

Open Me

Before you sart you will need:

Transfer Cable

HDD:

These Programs:

Once you downloaded Xport360, it should be on your desktop. Set it up and open.

Once at your profile, instead of going to a game like you did in gamesave modding, go to dashboard data

Click on it and the numbers “00010000”

Double click it and you should get a bunch of numbers and letters, that is your profile data.

Drag and Drop onto your desktop. Once you have done that go to Horizon, go to the profile mods tab and a bunch of different profile mod option should come up.

I will be using the Avatar Color Editor as an example. So what I will need to do is click on that option…

Once I click on that, it should look like this,

From here, this is what you have to do:

1. Hit open and open the profile on your desktop
  2. Mod the profile to whatever you want
  3. Hit save(it will automatically rehash and resign)
  4. Go back to Xport 360
  5. Go to your profile again
  6. Drag and drop the modded profile on your desktop into your regular profile in Xport
  7. It should give you the option to “Replace All” click that.
  8. Put your HDD back into your xbox sign in and enjoy.

Adding XeX Menu and Iso’s to jtag:

Open Me

Step1: download C0DE9999 or xex menu onto your computer

Step2: open you hdd with a usb or transfer cable

step3: Go to content and click the 0000000… file

Step4: drag and drop the C0DE9999 file into the 00000000000 file

Step 5: Now you have xex menu and can download mw2 files to your jtag

Step 6: once downloaded if you use the 7 parts too the iso right click on part one and press extract then to desktop

Step 6: once extracted open the iso in wx360 and press extract all files

Step7: go to deany95.com/shares and get a code post for mw2 and default_mp.xex and a patch

Step 8: drag those into the mw2 iso

Step 9 : make a new folder on your hdd called Games

Step10: insert the iso into that folder

Step11:go onto your jtag and play xex menu (found in game library)

Step12: hit right bumper and go down to your games folder hit mw2 iso look for default xex and play it

step13: go into split screen and enjoy hope this helps

If you have a working disc drive then here

step 5: put disc into your jtag

step6: press y and hit copy disc

step7: wait for disc to finish

step 8: once finished take out hdd and hook it up to your comp

step 9: put the code post patch and default_mp.xex into the iso make sure you copy disc into the games folder though its easier.

to copy into games folder before doing step6 add a games folder to hdd play xex menu press rb open the games folder then press y and do steps 6-9 then enjoy

Transfer Cable Facts:

Open Me
  1. A transfer cable is an item created by Microsoft to move content from one HDD to another HDD.
  2. you DO NOT need a transfer cable to HDD mod. (an after market cable or sata to usb or directly connect your HDD to your PC though sata would work)
  3. Microsoft NO LONGER give transfer cable for free. (at least there not supposed too)

What is the price of a Transfer Cable? Usually around $5-$15 not expensive.

Do you suggest i use this type of modding? Yes, if you are just starting out it is a cheap and easy way to learn to mod.

What programs can I use? Only the basic mod programs.

Horizon: What cant it do, it has a halo reach mod tool,other game mod tool,avatar modder,gamerscore modder and even more

Where can I get one? Best Buy or Ebay(Places like that)

Risk to geting banned for modding with Horizon:

Open Me

All types of modding you have a risk to getting banned. From Avatar modding- GPD modding you can still get caught.

Scale from 1-10 about possible bans.
1 being least chance 10 being the most.

Gamerscore modding- (2) Slim to no chance of being banned(make sure to only mod it offline)
If you get caught and reset do not try it on the same account again. There have been reports that the second time of modding gamerscore after you were caught the first time, you will get banned.

Gamesave modding(including GPD’s)- (5) I gave it a 5 because although campaign and offline gamesave modding will barely be caught, GPD modding online will result in instant ban from black ops/ possibly xbl.

Avatar Color Modding- (4) Out of most transfer cable/usb modding, this is one of the most dangerous. I have gotten banned permanently for this and it is possible you can too. When modding your avatar color really the only thing to keep a lot of attention from users is to not use a picture of it in your gamer picture. Many people can look at your gamercard and see it and report you for it.

Game adder/avatar unlocker- (3) Again do not abuse this tool. A few games added and a few awards unlocked will possibly be fine(still a possible ban/suspension) but you usually won’t get caught. However, if you abuse the tool and add about 400 games aand unlock every item you can, you have a bigger risk of getting caught then if you don’t. I suggest using this tool wisely and don’t unlock too much.

Diamond Payments- We know that the 1 month payment is not on paypal. If you want to buy a one month and do not have a credit card on yourpaypal account, I suggest either to Pm Cheater912 and see if you can work something out. Or wait to have enough money to buy a 3 month(recommended). Do not post threads that the paypal option is not available without a credit card because we already know this.

Corrupt Profile- If you have this it usually means you have not saved your modded profile(saving= auto rehash and resign) to get your old non-corrupt profile, simply delete your corrupted one of your hard drive and recover it back. If a solution to a corrupt save is not found by the public then send the file to one of developers.

Modding Sensativity(Old tutorial)

Open Me

Things you need.

1. transfer cable
  2. Horizon
  3. hex editor

How to mod it.

1. plug your harddrive in and open Horizon.

2. load your storage device.

3. find your profile drag to the desktop

4. drag your profile to Horizon

5. click contents and extract GPD 41560817

6. next drag that GPD to hex editor

7. click find and click all and type SEMV

8. click F3 til you find button layout

9. edit where the @ symbol which should be 40

10. save it and inject file back into GPD on your account

11. rehash and resign then drag profile back and your done

Hex | Sensitivity
40 = 10
41 = 11
42 = 12
43 = 13
44 = 14
45 = 15
46 = 16
47 = 17
48 = 18
49 = 19
4A = Headbang Mode
7F = No Recoil / Disabled Right Thumbstick
Any higher values will most likely do headbang mode or just disable your right thumbstick :confused:

<3

Home made Turtle Beach

Open Me

This is so simple i cannot believe people spend those outrageous prices on turtle beech headsets. I heard 250 dollars!

What you will need depends on what you already have, as there are several ways you can do this.

Plug n Play Method
Check your T.V for a headphone jack. and simply plug in your head phones to that. A few adjustments to the tv volume and in game sound, and you wont be defend by harriers and you can still talk to your mates. Of course u need your own standard headphones.

Adapter Method (Not recommended but cheaper than third way)
Go to an electronics store and purchase two adapters. The first being a 3.5mm socket female - female (the headphone jacks on either side) the second adapter is a Dual Rca PLUG (FEMALE) to a 3.5mm plug (male)
To connect it simply take the two Audio cables directly from your xbox and plug into the RCA adapter, then plug that adapter into the 3.5mm adapter and your headphones into that.
The drawback to this method is you have no volume control and you are stuck with the volume that the xbox puts out as standard.

Custom Methods (ONLY IF FIRST FAILS and you dont like SECOND)
This method is a bit more complicated, but its still a fraction of the price of turtle beeches. You may need a soldering iron depending on what you yourself can find.
DVD players, stereos and vcrs sometimes have volume knobs on them, as well as headphone jacks. Sometimes its simple just plug your headphones (AND YOUR XBOX) there instead of the tv or adapters. Look around your house and ask friends to try and get one before going out and buying. If you cant do that and dont wanna buy one (dvd players are expensive where im at) you can purchase a “In Line Volume Controller” or something similar from a electronics store. Essentially it is the same as the afore-mentioned adapter method, but with a volume knob on it. Some soldering may be required and basic electronics knowledge. If u can JTAG, you can do this. All you should have to solder to the “In Line Volume Controller” is the RCA port to plug your audio into. They usually have the volume knob already, and the headphone jack. It will have the RCA Screw pins inside, which you will need to attach to some RCA plugs

Linux on PS3(Maybe Patched)

Open Me

nstalling Windows XP to your PS3

I made this in an attempt satisfy some requests and to babystep some people into PS3 linux.

What You Need:
PS3
Usb Keyboard
Usb Mouse
Ethernet Cable
A Windows Xp Install CD
Nlite
Computer with Internet (semi fast because you need to download a 700mb iso file)
CD or Dvd Burner
CD or Dvd
Patience

Is a different distro already installed? If so then skip step two of preparing your ps3 part 1.

Prepare your PS3 Part 1

1. Plug your PS3 into your tv, plug in the power cable, plug in your keyboard, mouse, and plug in your ethernet cable
  2. Turn on your PS3 Scroll Left, Go to Settings> System Settings> Format Utility> Format HDD , Read Note on Next Line
    (This deletes all savedata on your PS3 backup your data before hand with the backup utility if you don’t want to lose your saves.)
    Now select Either Option it doesn’t bother I recommend only giving 10gb to Linux and keeping the rest for the PS3’s side.

Obtain your Linux Disk:

1. Download your favorite version of Ubuntu I recommend Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty
    found hereXubuntu 7.04 download
    2 Burn the iso to a disk either a cd or dvd, using a program such as imgburn, nero, clone cd, etc

Preparing your PS3 Part Two:

1. Put in your Newly burned Linux Cd/ Dvd in the PS3
  2. Scroll Left go to Settings> System Settings> Install Other OS, it will search and install otheros.bld off the disk
  3. Scroll Left go to Settings> System Settings> Default System, Select Other OS, select otheros, and press x to reboot

Important Note:
Your console now won’t boot to that XMB you’re aware of, it will load kboot instead, if you want to load the XMB again just hold down the power button when you turn it on and it will change the default system to the xmb.

Installing Xubuntu:

1. Press enter at kboot
  2. Wait for it to load the live distribution of Xubuntu (About 5 min)
  3. Click the install shortcut on the Desktop
  4. Follow all the prompts, when the window exceeds your tv screen, hold alt and left click to slide the window around.
  5. Remember your username and password, it’s real simple just follow all the prompts, it should take about 30-40 mins

Heres the install prompts:

1. Select English, Forward

2. Select the city with the time zone you want, forward

3. Select your Language (English), and Keyboard (US English)

4. I recommend to Select Guided Use Entire Disk, forward

5. It?ll complain hit continue (don?t worry it?ll work)

6. Hit forward, you shouldn?t have any accounts to import

7. Enter your Name, Login Name, Password, and what Network Name you want your PS3 to be
    DO NOT FORGET YOUR LOGIN OR PASSWORD, or you will have to reinstall Linux, click Forward

8. Click forward to accept all your settings you provided, it will now start self installing

9. Go find something to do for at least 30 min I think mine took 45 min to do this step.

10. When finished it will pop up a window, just click restart now

11. When it reboots take out the cd, press enter at kboot, wait, then login at the login screen with your username and password. (If it didn?t reboot right and it just displays a flashing underscore, just take the cd out, and flip the power switch in the back off then on, and it should load kboot.)

Freeing Up Some Ram:

1. Click Application> System> Services, type your password in
  2. Uncheck everything but Cpu Frequency Manager, Graphical Login Manager, Hotkeys Management, and System Communications Bus
  3. Consider Installing Fluxbox (Only if you feel ok with the risk of having to reinstall linux.)

Changing Screen Size: This step is not needed if you have just a regular non hdtv as there won’t be other screen options available.

1. Discover what type of TV you have, is it a lcd, a plasma, crt, old tube, and become aware of different screen sizes available.
    Mine is a 32" Lcd Flat Screen, supporting at highest 720p
  2. Open Terminal (Applications> System> Accessories> Terminal)
  3. Type sudo apt-get install ps3pf-utils, this will install the ps3videomode command
  4. Now type ps3videomode -v, this will provide all options for the command
  5. Now you want to discover which video modes work, just start guessing. Personally I use ps3videomode -v 3, if you try an option and it garbles your text press the up arrow delete the number and type 1 and press enter. This should bring it back to the way it was if not press enter, and type ps3videomode -v 1.
  6. Keep trying your options, if an option garbles your text it probably works but you just need to change it in the kboot.conf file before linux boots. If it displays just a black screen it’s probably a bad mode, try another.
  7. Now to assign our video mode at startup do the following.
  8. type sudo su, you should now be root be careful in this mode as you can screw some stuff up and have to reinstall
  9. type nano /etc/kboot.conf, This opens the kboot in a text editor. Add ps3fb:mode:xx at the end of each quote, it should look like the following. Remember to change the xx to whatever video mode you decided upon.

Linux=?/boot/vmlinux blah blah blah quiet splash video=ps3fb:mode:xx?
Old=?/boot/vmlinux blah blah blah quiet splash video=ps3fb:mode:xx?

1. Now Press Control-X, y, save as kboot.conf by pressing enter
  2. Now type sudo reboot

Installing Qemu

1. Open Terminal (System> Accessories)
  2. type sudo apt-get install qemu, press y

Installing Windows XP

1. Create a folder on your desktop labeled Windows or whatever
  2. Open the folder, right click in the blank space, and click open terminal here

Create HDD Image for Qemu:

1. In terminal type qemu-img create xp.img 2G, this creates a 2gb hdd for use in qemu

Create Windows Xp Install Disk with Nlite

1. Google around for a good guide for making a decent Nlite iso with minimal system requirements. My disk is down to about 95 mb in size, but it can go much further lower in size, this is just with some of the minor crap removed.

Moving your finished Nlite iso to your PS3:

1. When finished copy the ISO to your PS3 either by usb stick, ipod, burning the iso file to a disk (not the iso), or whatever means you got.
  2. When done put it in the Windows folder you made on the desktop, this should be the same folder as xp.img
  3. rename it to something simple such as xpinstallcd.iso

Running Qemu

1. Open the Windows Folder, right click, click open terminal here
  2. type qemu -cdrom xpinstallcd.iso -hda xp.img -m 64M -boot d , Note the 64 is the amount of ram you would like to reserve for Qemu, remember you?re running Linux already and more isn’t always better
  3. A new window should open running a virtual machine (emulation) of a X86 Processor which can Run XP
  4. After XP is installed all you need to do to run XP is to type qemu -hda xp.img -m 64M

Transfering Files to XP

1. Make a iso of the files with a tool such as poweriso, magiciso, etc
  2. Copy the file to your ps3 put it in your Windows folder on your desktop, and mount it as a cdrom. Here’s what the command may look like: qemu -cdrom files.iso -hda xp.img -m 64M
  3. Copy the files off your CD drive in XP

Flash Disc Drive with Laptop

Open Me

Confirmed to work with All Drives.

You will need to buy an PCMIA VIA card with VIA VT6421 Chipset to do this.

I recommend buying this one: China wholesale product -china wholesale products, since it is cheap (only $9.81 +tax/shipping ) Make sure you have an PCMIA slot, not a express card slot before buying this

Here are the drivers you will need to install the VIA Card:

http://rapidshare.com/files/30116143...raid_v530c.zip

I do not recommend installing the files on the disc included, so install the drivers i have posted.

Now you will need to install Port I/O:

Port I/O Files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/28713893...al_install.rar

1. Open the Control Panel.

2. Open the “Add Hardware” wizard. If you are using Windows XP’s default “Category View” for the Control Panel, this is done by clicking on “Printers and Other Hardware” and under “See Also” on the left, click “Add Hardware”.

3. The wizard typically displays a screen explaining what it is used for. Click Next to continue.

4. The wizard may automatically scan for new hardware. The scanning will not detect anything related to PortIO32.

5. You may be asked “Have you already connected this hardware to your computer?” Regardless of whether you have installed any cards yet, click Yes.

6. You will be shown a list of the hardware already installed in your computer. Scroll all the way down and select “Add a new hardware device”

7. You will be asked whether Windows should search for the new hardware. Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list”

8. A list of hardware categories will be shown. Select “Show All Devices” (On some versions of Windows this may be called “Other”)

9. Click the “Have Disk” button and point Windows to the “windriver” directory of the PortIO32 distribution.

10. A list of drivers found in the directory you specified will be shown. Select the “PortIO32 Xbox 360 Device Driver” item and click Next.

11. Click Next again to “start installing your new hardware.”

12. The files will be copied and installed. Click Finish to complete. You do not need to restart your computer.

Now all the hardware is installed!!

Now to flash the drive you can use any tut that you want to use.

I recommend using JungleFlasher to flash your drives.

How to mod Call of Duty

Open Me

1). After you have Copied any Call of Duty Game on your HDD (Burned) Browse through it and Find Patch_Mp.ff, Default_Mp.xex, Code_Post_Gfx_Mp.ff, And it’s Title Update.

2). After you have found all of those go on the Internet and Find which one you want to be modded (Preferably the Default_Mp.xex).

3). After you have found your modded Default_Mp.xex you’ll need to find the newest Title Update for your Game.

4). After you have found both of those place them on a USB and plug them into your Jtag

5). Launch Xex Menu and replace your old Default_Mp.xex and Title Update (TU) with your new one on your USB.

(Hit “RB” Browse through your USB and copy them using “Y” Then place it in your HDD where your old one was. Repeat with any other files)

6). After your done with that Launch your Default_Mp.xex and go into System Link or Split Screen and test them out.

Adding Emulator’s to your Jtag

Open Me

Start off by extracting the first .rar. There should be 3 folders. _Emus, emulators and Emus. Go into the emulators folder

And delete Fsd2config.xml.

Step 2

Plug your external hard drive into your computer and copy and paste the 3 folders (Link 1), PSX folders and the DsOn360 0.2 folders onto the root of it.

Step 3

Now that youve got those files set up and configured, you need to add the actual emulator part of the set up.

That’s the second dl link.

GenesisPlus360 (Comes in a file called FFED0707)
SNES360 (Comes in a file called FFED7300)
MAME360 for retail dash (Stand Up Arcade)

The SNES and Genesis folders need to go in the 360 stock hdd. The hdd can be accessed in the custom Dashboards

(XEXmenu or FreestyleDash). The files go to (Hdd1:/content/0000000000000000/"They go here).

The MAME360 folder will also go in the xbox hdd but in the (content/0000000000000000/CODE0006/00080000/here).

Now they will show up in the NXE Dashboard and you can boot straight from there.

Step 4

Plug the external hard drive back into your jtag. Boot it up and go to Xex Menu.

Step 5

Go to the emulators folder, and look for the xex of the emulator you want. Then pick the rom you want and play.

These download’s are of Emulators. But they’re in one big file

Code:
Code:

PSX -
Code:
DsOn360 -
Code:

Recovering Banned Accounts

Open Me

Okay so first off, i’m not sure if this is working anymore as I do not have an Xbox atm. But I thought i’d share this with you guys since the ‘Un-ban’ Method is out. I also do not know if that fully works but here we go. I also do NOT care if you know this, thank you.

Ease of tutorial- 2/10
Length of tutorial- 3-4/10 (10-15mins)

Requirements
Preferably USB (Can be Hard-Drive)
Modio
Internet Connection
Requirments

*First of all make sure that any remains of the profile are gone. (Corruption, Unfinished ect…)

1.Sign out of all profiles and go to the Xbox Recovery Tool, put in your e-mail and everything like normal… NOW WAIT… Do NOT press Accept Terms and read a-head to step 2 before moving on.

1. When you are at the Accept Terms screen be ready, this is how I did it and it worked for me, When you press it you should see the first downloading screen to download the actual profile. Now when it gets to the second downloading screen, before it says ‘Xbox Live Service Is Not Unavailable At This Time’ Remove your USB Stick (or Hard-Drive) or you can turn your Xbox 360 off.

2. Turn your Xbox 360 back on to make sure the profile that you tried to recover is there. If it’s not you might have to go back and do steps one and two over again. So when you connect your Xbox 360 to the computer, it should be their. Extract your profile’s file to your desktop and move onto step 4.

3. So now, open Modio up and go down to the Account Tool (It may not be on the Beta Version) and load your profile into the tool and extract the Account file to your desktop. Now, Decrypt the Account file and (there should be a ‘Status’ scroll down, or something similar to that, it should already be on 'Not Finished recovering) click on ‘Xbox Live’. Than Encrypt it and inject the Modded Account file into the profile loaded.

4. Everything should have worked, so turn on your Xbox 360 and go to System/Memory/(Where your Account is located) So now you should be ready to un-ban your account! Good luck with this. Please read below for Liability Terms.

Featured tuts from other people:

Open Me

How to play any XNA Game from LX3krypticx: XboxMB - Xbox Message Boards - View Profile: lx3krypticx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX6WjT9kBYY&lc=qFeNSou5OJBiKD8bs3YnhU9mH_g2CymFZk2DFEzcS7w&feature=inbox

Using the Device Explorer

[details=Open Me]
General Start point

Step 1:
Open Horizon

Step 2:

Step 3:
Once logged in go to the Device Explorer found under the “Tools” section

Step 4:
Click on your HDD

Remember to make sure your device is connected to your computer before you start, if not connected you will see this :

Step 5:
If your modding one of your games, hit the games tab:

If your modding your profile hit the profile tab:

----------

Game Modding

Step 1:
Hit the “Games” button on the device explorer

Step 2:
Open the game you want to mod
It will give you a choice of modding things on regular games, Indie games and your Xbox 360 Dashboard.

Step 3: How to open your Indie Game and Xbox 360 Dashboard list

First I will show you how to open the list of the Indie games and Xbox 360 Dashboard

Here is what the games tab should look like when opened.

Now this is what you need to hit to open the list of your Indie Games:

This button is found to the left of where it says Indie Games and Xbox 360 Dashboard.

Once hit the button should look like this:

And the list should now have the Indie Games list open:

Step 4: Extracting the Savegame

Click on the savegame you want to mod:

Once you do, this should come up:

Now to get it to your desktop hit Contents then hit Extract:

It gives you a choice, to extract checked(meaning you choose out of the files in the list what to extract) or to extract all(meaning extract all files in the list.

I will hit extract all and once I do this should happen:

Click wherever you want to extract it to, then hit Ok.

It should then say:

And you will see the savegame wherever you extracted it to,

Step 5: Modding and saving it

Once it’s on your desktop, go back to the game modders tab and open the mod tool that was made for the savegame,
for example Alan Wake:

Once you click the Alan Wake button it should then look like this:

Hit open and then open the savegame you extracted before:

Now using the tool, mod the states you would like and then hit save:

It should then automatically rehash and resign.

Now go back to the device explorer and find the savegame,

Right click and hit inject file:

Inject the modded savegame that is now on your desktop, unplug your HDD, play and have fun.[/details]

[/QUOTE] Yay i like it