Xbox One accessory adds HDD case, USB ports by attaching to console

[/img]Games on current-generation consoles take up significantly more storage space than their predecessors, leading to onboard hard drives quickly filling up. A new Xbox One accessory aims to alleviate the problem, and it does so by integrating with the console.

Collective Minds’ “Xbox One USB Hub and Hard Drive Enclosure” adds three USB 3.0 ports as well as a bay for a 2.5-inch hard drive in an add-on that attaches directly to the left side of the console. An owner of the accessory simply has to buy an appropriate 2.5-inch SATA hard drive, install rails to its sides, slide it into the accessory’s bay (hidden by a removable cover) and attach it to the console for more storage space.

Source: TheTechGame.com

I would so get this in a heartbeat just so I could have 2 additional USB 3.0 Slots to bring the total to 5 instead of just 3 USB 3.0 Slots.

Can’t you just use a usb hub thing? Works for the 360.

I love how it looks

That is sexy, and doesn’t take away from the looks from the one !

i wish it could support a 3.5 hdd so i can actually go past 2tb with 1 drive. just have a power source for it going in the back

why didn’t they do this in the first place?

My guess would be the typical business answer, to make more money.

This should have originally been on the console.

It was made by a different company but Microsoft is supporting it

I really want one of these! When and where will I be able to purchase it?

Take a look Here: http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2niy6d/the_best_purchase_ive_made_for_my_xbox_one_media/
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/collective-minds-collective-minds-xbox-one-media-hub-183654001101/10323155.aspx

Too bad it’s only for Canadians, and Americans will have a decently hard time getting one…
I can vouch - It’s nice. Saw this months ago, texted Gator about it and we thought it was cool. Finally got out and bought one like yesterday lol

They’re already sold out on Best Buy…holy crap!