Xbox One Game Sharing Questions

Is this like a legit feature now? You don’t have to give the other person access to your account details like license transferring on 360? Curious also because I just ordered a one via amazon.

Yes, it’s a legit feature. However, I think it still requires giving out your account information. If you are a little cautious though, just add a ‘button-combo’ password once you have set it up. That way, the person your sharing with won’t have access to your account after.

I think if you change your password associated with your Xbox Live account, that will then cause an issue because the console will detect this meaning your gamesharing buddy won’t be able to access your content until they login again with the correct password, and if they change their password also that means the same for you. I’m not 100% on this though.

PS;- I thought you already had an Xbox One?

Nope, I’ve been rocking 360 & PC until now. Just decided to get a one so I won’t be left behind with destiny dlc.

Thanks for clarifying though. I probably won’t bother with gamesharing, I just don’t trust people.

:laughing: so… If you don’t have an Xbox One, who is that on my friend list…!?

Zodiac imposter comming for your money :wink:

1 Like

I know there was another Zodiac here from the days of HMB. My gamertag hasn’t had Zodiac in it since 2008 though.

This is my gamertag, feel free to add me

Added you sir! I can always do with another Destiny player.

1 Like

So anyone wanna gameshare with me? Lol

dude u can have your acc on any console it doesn’t matter but u can get banned from xbox doing this that is why never talk about it on xbox only cuz they dont like being cheated this is basically cheating the system to get free games without purchasing it so do it at your own risk…

Then can you please explain to me why I can phone Microsoft right now, and ask for support from them on how to set this up?!

be my guest but its in the rules on xbox u can call them asking them if i can have my account on other accounts but if u tell them yea i want to let me friends have the games i payed they wont be so nice

That makes no sence. Why would microsoft publish a game sharing feature that’s designed for sharing games between account and then ban people who does exactly that. I’m pretty sure that they would have no legal ground to ban people.

1 Like

… after all, Gamesharing was created by them.

Actually it is allowed I believe they used it as a selling point when they announced the one

game share was not created by Microsoft at all the future was made so people on the xbox could use there games if they had broke there xbox it was never made so u can give others your account its a rule to not give out any of your account info to anyone not even your friends so u giving your info to your friends is considered hacking cause Microsoft doesn’t know its your friend and u gave permission to use your account they would never create a future were u get free games bottom line if this “doesn’t make scene” then go ask Microsoft your self be sure u state that u want to give free games ilegaly its basically fraud trying to out smart the system here is the meaning of fraud btw just so ppl don;t comment saying its not fraud wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain witch it is cause your trying to get games that cost real money for free

Game Sharing on the Xbox One WAS MADE FOR the purpose of you sharing your games with your friends cause of how everyone was complaining about the DOWNLOAD LIMITS they imposed for installing games (however I’m not sure if they did impose limits cause I literally don’t care enough to share my account with anyone, nor have to install more than once). Second if this was never meant to be, why the hell would they make it so THE OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT can cancel game sharing anytime he wants? It’s literally the equivalent of letting your friends borrow a game from you and asking for it back.
Also if you don’t know what you’re talking about then please weiner don’t talk, as you don’t even have an Xbox One, you barely got another working 360 last I remember…
Microsoft literally made this cause it acted as a work around from people ABUSING license transfers on the 360 to share games and abusing what came with license transfers, such as constant sharing of DLC. From my knowledge game sharing does not share DLC, it only shares video games. So anyone who has tried it correct me if I’m wrong.

Now Microsoft STILL does reserve the right to ban you if they feel you’re abusing game sharing along with any of the other features like sharing your Xbox Gold membership through Xbox HOME; which I’m not sure how they’ll enforce it or what they’ll ban you for doing exactly, but once you signed up for Xbox you signed your soul to them and gave them the right to do whatever they want with the Microsoft part of your soul, figuratively speaking for the most part.

Edit: and PLEASE do us all justice and attempt to use punctuation or grammar in your sentences… I know it’s the Internet along with the 21st century but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to understand what you’re saying and makes you look intelligent… I know it’s possible cause you graduated high school…

Are you wearing a tin-foil hat? Because it sound like you are.

1 Like

hey man dont believe me all u want but if Microsoft intended for this to happen they would make a button saying game share thats why on the 360 they only let u license transfer ever 6 months it was not for u to let your friends have your games look do what u want all im saying is be careful with u trade with

10/10 troll

2 Likes