A question about TrueAchievement

Hello there. This is my first topic created in the forum. I discovered this website after some time researching an incident I had with TrueAchievement.

To put in context. I have always considered myself a legal achievement hunter. I have endeavored to achieve all possible achievements in a legitimate and honest manner. Until the years passed and my time to play decreased as my responsibilities grew.

That is why I went to a friend of mine who assured me that I could get some expensive achievements quickly and legally. Silly of me, I believed him.

Some time later I decided to register on Trueachievement. At the end of 2020 they sent me an email telling me that they had identified achievements obtained illegally by outside programs and that they were going to remove my score from their website.

When reviewing the list I verified that they were the achievements that my friend had obtained me. So I could not defend myself because he was guilty. So I decided to unsubscribe from TrueAchievement.

I have been researching. My friend used the Velocity program to unlock the achievements. In theory, if done right, Microsoft can’t identify is cheated and ban you.

Going through the list of achievements that them identify I have seen that my friend did not act strange. He unlocked achievements in an orderly fashion and without doing everything at once. With different days and even months apart. He always unlocked the achievements online, if necessary, and without being games with a vigilance on top.

So my question is, how did TrueAchievements know? Is there a possibility to erase that trace of my achievements? Will they notify Microsoft?

I have been with my account for eleven years, I do not want to start from 0 or change it, or lose it. Any information you can give me I will appreciate

1 Like

I doubt they will notify Microsoft. TrueAchievements has their own scoring system for earned achievements based on their difficulty, time required to complete, and how many other users have obtained them. If you unlocked any notoriously difficult or time consuming achievements then their system likely flagged it. I wouldn’t worry

2 Likes

Your friend unlocked all the achievements at the same time. The Only way to prevent TrueAchievements from disqualifying you from their site is to unlock each achievement at a certain time frame. Basically, you just need to unlock one then wait for a certain time then unlock another achievement at a different time, don’t make it obvious.

On Xbox 360 Microsoft used to reset your GamerScore and change your Gamer Zone to Cheater.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer. You have left me calmer. I was concerned that TrueAchievemente had some system used by Microsoft to discover this kind of thing. But if it is simply that TA has its own way of identifying them one by one, I don’t worry.

I’m sad that I can’t be a part of TA, but I guess it doesn’t matter since it’s not an official Microsoft website.

1 Like

My friend has told me that he achieved several achievements within minutes of each other. Maybe he unlocked 3-4 achievements 5 minutes apart. And he would complete a game over the course of several days following this procedure.

I suppose that for the Microsoft standard it does not suppose a reason for banning. But for the TA procedure it makes its alarms go off according to the statistics with which they work.

1 Like

Xbox basically hasn’t done any manual bans/suspensions related to this since end 2018 cause they stopped basically all physical support for the console as far as I know.

2 Likes