Borderlands 2 Free Season Pass and Keys

Golden Keys:

1. Exit from the game and Steam
  2. Go to C:\Program File (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC\POPremierClub\Lic
  3. Open WillowDLC
  4. Edit to:
[GoldenKeys] +SourceId=254 +NumKeys=255
[PromotionalUnlocks] +UnlockId=2
  1. Save and play

Free Season Pass:

1. Exit from the game and Steam
  2. Go to C:\Program File (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC\POPremierClub\Lic
  3. Open SeasonPass.txt
  4. Edit the “2” to a “1”
  5. Save and play

Will be messing with this tomorrow, I need to get some sleep:

I don’t have a DLC folder in that directory?

Might have to be premiere club, did you pre-order?

No, I got mine for free with my graphics card.

You’re in the same boat as StevenWongo then.

What is this for? DLC packs?

Yes, won’t be able to tell if it works or not until they are released.

It worked for me - but now I cant go back and change it again. Seems like im stuck with 255 keys for now, but I would love to be able to get more.

255 is the max keys. You really only get something like 254, but that should be plenty.

I don’t have a DLC folder in that directory?

I have a request for anyone able to do

So is it possible to still access and use the willowDLC.ini if you don’t have the DLC folder due to not preordering if you copy someone else’s folder into your dir? Ie if someone uploaded the DLC folder and contents for non preorderers to use?

If so is there another .ini that would need to be modified for the game to look for that folder even?

Just noticed a bit after doing this, bottom left.

Im guessing no way I can do this before I buy the game sometime

not played the game yet , whats the point in keys and whats a decent amount to get and not ruin the game ?

Adding any could ruin the game if you don’t want to cheat on it, Golden keys allow you to unlock a chest with high rarity items. You can open it as much times as you like if you have enough keys.

Golden keys doesn’t work for me.

key mod doesn’t work for me as well. Noticed steam updated game so probably patched.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I too am interested if adding the DLC folder to the directory for someone who had not pre-ordered the game would work (regardless of whether or not the method in question has been patched).

TESTED AND ITS WORKING nice post