Cannot detect games

In ref to this thread: Unable to detect games - #8

So I seem to be having this problem too now, none of the fixes are working for me. But no rush, I can still manually add the exe to wemod app and most of the cheats still work. I just wanted to know if it was just me or are others experiencing this issue.

Hello!

What games are you trying to play?
And what store did you get them from, or are they cracked?

A bunch really, not cracked, all on my steam account. As you can see it all shows up as not installed while i have a few games which i didnt install turn up as not compatible. I think its a steam thing really.

Thank you for the update. :slight_smile:

Could I ask you to make sure your WeMod software is updated to the latest version? Close WeMod completely (by default, just pressing the X in the corner will just minimise it to the system tray). Then restart WeMod, if an update is pending it will download it upon relaunch.

Are your games saved on the default C:/ on your PC or somewhere else? I believe @frank (WeMod’s co-founder & lead developer) released an update earlier in the year to resolve an issue where games not installed on the default C:/ sometimes couldn’t be detected. If this is your case, checking for an update as above might help.

Also try restarting your PC, which I know sounds too simple to be a fix, but strangely it does sometimes tend to work for some things.

If that doesn’t solve your issue, maybe consider reinstalling Steam launcher to see if that resolves it? I understand this suggestion is particularly annoying, but you never know, could potentially solve it.

I am running 7.0.11 which should be the latest as I have restarted Wemod a few times now. I have also restarted the computer a few times. The games arent on my C:/ drive but it used to be able to detect it even before. I suspect the latest steam or windows update may have broken it though as this problem only happen after those 2 updates, which was on the same day.

Last version should be 7.1.12

1 Like

Hmm then my client must be bugged. I am going to reinstall wemod now, thanks.

It’s also likely an antivirus is blocking the download of the update.

Here are steps for that: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre. Thread title refers to a slightly different issue, but the steps are the same.