Destiny | Rants & Randomness

Apparently you can roll the raid scout rifle with full auto, so it’s similar to VoC

Anyone excited for the return of Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris this coming week?

I have never been interested in any form of Crucible on Destiny, I find it really hard to get along with and I’m just glad I was able to “skip” my Thorn Bounty quest after that update hit. It saved me a lot of headache!

But you never got to experience the glory and heartache known as “The Thorn”. It was great to use but not so much being on the returning end.

I keep running into this guy in raids, he’s one of those guys that sounds like Billy Mays and yells everything he says. The other day I joined in at Golgoroth. Everyone wanted to run the 1 gaze/1 orb strat. It’s easy, simple, and gets the job done without confusing people. No, unacceptable. Billy is raid leader. Billy says WE WILL DO 2 GAZE, AND POP ALL SIX ORBS!!!. IT’S EASY he says. I DO IT THIS WAY EVERY TIME he says. …3 hours later and we’re still at Golgoroth failing the 2 gaze strat over and over.

Fast forward. Next day. Join my friend at Oryx CP. Billy is there, ****.
We wipe a few times, but just chalk it up to the usual “stop jumping on your plate, idiot”
Billy says to everyone, GUYS, EQUIP ALL THE GEAR YOU NEED TO LEVEL UP, THIS IS THE PERFECT TIME FOR THAT
R-u-fknsrs?

I get a message from a friend in the raid.

I immediately inspect Billy (web) to see that he is using a 250 attack blue scout rifle in a 302 encounter. We call him out and ask politely if he can change to something better, because that scout just wasn’t cutting the mustard.
MAN, I’M RAID LEADER. I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING. I’M KILLING MY OGRE, HER OGRE, THEN I LEAVE AND GO KILL THE OTHER TWO OGRES. LOOK AT OGRE KILLS IN THE LEADERBOARD THEN STEP TO ME.

He would wait till his partner would do 9/10th of the damage, and then steal the kill. Eventually we got tired of him being so defiant about switching gear, we kicked him.

Billy wants to raid with us at reset tonight. We’re going to do it, but on one condition. Everyone must wear 250 or lower weapons and intentionally botch the raid any chance they get, but without Billy catching on. We’ll just say we’re doing our job and hysterically laugh as he tries and fails to carry the dead weight. Vidya out soon.

from what i used so far the best weapons for kings fall are something like
primary’s = the raid pulse rifle + touch of malice for the sisters and oryx
secondary’s = the raid sniper and/or black spindle
heavy’s = exotic sword and sleeper simulant along with a couple of the other legendary heavy weapons

as for golgoroth the single gaze method works the best so far with 1 orb and one gaze keeper per run you can kill kim in as little as 4 orbs depending on weapons used and if you have weapons of light (i use the raid pulse rifle and the sniper along with the sleeper simulant) get out at the last second on gaze then clear the adds again drop the orb while the gaze keeper gets his gaze when the taken get there just usually by orb 3 treat it as normal (full out attack, gaze + weapons + storm caller keeping the taken at bay = 2 orbs from there)

I think I understand what you mean… The first time I loaded up destiny after the 2.0 patch, it didn’t take me long too realise that all of my hard-earned gear was now pretty much useless after all those hours of grinding. Oddly enough it felt like I had a " sense of achievement" looking back at some of those Legendary and Exotic pieces. I know I would of felt the same if I had continued with the Thorn Bounty all the way to end, but after I got half way with the Crucible part of it I just lost all drive and went back to Raids.

I got a stack of ToO Coins that I will never use… Anyone want to trade for a hug n’ kiss?!

When is the patch being released today? I want to buy the new Emotes but they are not in the store just yet…

1:00PM EST :anguished:

That’s about 18:00 for me I think… Damn!

Looks at clock every 5 minutes

I have it and don’t see an option for rolling

I got the scout rifle with full auto

Nice! The pulse rifle is good as well, I am hoping for the scout when I run the raid tomorrow.

One, Bungie removed the ability of re-rolling weapons because it allowed everyone to have “the perfect” weapon(s). Two, even if the re-rolling feature was still available, raid weapons come stock with a set of perks. Granted, this is the first raid where the weapons can have different perks in specific slots, but they are still the same weapon(s).

You can only re-roll House of Wolves gear at the Gunsmith. I meant you can get a raid drop to “roll” with full auto. My friend just got the raid scout with full auto today.

oh ok gotcha…if i get a full auto this week i a infusing the other into something else

It keeps saying servers are unavailable for me, even though other people on my friend’s list are on Destiny now.

Edit: Just had to reset my console for the update to take effect.

We trolled that guy sooo hard. The rage was real. Just gotta chop it up.

On a side note I threw money at the screen for the carlton dance and it was well worth it

Even though i also threw money at the screen i didn’t get The Carlton nor the Slow Clap, I Enjoyed the other rare emotes to be honest.

I’ve been waiting for the carlton ever since they teased it on April Fools day. I also got grieve & the neo taunt, but I like that the dance is looped